What is the ratio of drip system water use is it constant drip or?, in the past only used flood and drain 2.5 hours off 30 min on Please help

What is the ratio of drip system water use is it constant drip or???, in the past only used flood and drain 2.5 hours off 30 min on Please help

If it’s a hydroponic question @Aquaponic_Dumme is your man, @bryan sure can help you too…:wink::innocent::v:

thanx for your imput, and yes hydroponics system

1 Like

welcome to the hydro world. If that schedule worked before for you, I’d stick with it. Main difference would be water from the bottom VS water from top.

Your drip emitters should have a rated gph or litres per hour if they are low volume and you are using rockwool or similar medium they would be run fairly similar recirculating. But not sure your system or drip rate with a prior understanding of hydro I am pretty sure I am not speaking in code when I ask if you are aiming for NFT type effect or simple self watering if you are using hydroton a constant drip would give you an nft effect. In coco or wool you would be looking for around 15min an hour for watering type effect this depends on your emitters drip rates as well because you are aiming for moist not entirely saturated. It can be 15 on every 2 hrs less or more depending on how it works with your media

thanks for responding to my question much appreciated and noted 15 min in a 2 hour period sounds about right to me, substrate is vermiculate and clay balls on the bottom layer for the added oxygen component in a fabric pot system
Once again thanks and happy growing

2 Likes

@tonsta

This is what i use when i go on a road trip.

https://www.amazon.com/Claber-8053-4-Programs-Automatic-Watering/dp/B000U5YFR4/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1486522517&sr=8-4&keywords=plant+drip+system?tag=greenrel-20

will

1 Like