What is the problem here?

Hey. In need of some help figuring out this yellowing/browning. OGK Auto almost 4weeks in flower. Using jacks nutrients.

1 Like

Looks fine to me. Would personally prune out those older fan leaves. She doesn’t need them anymore and would breathe better without them. Yellow tips are fine. Only dark in the second picture is maturing pistils. That’s what they do, darken. All the new growth looks good. No problems here. She’ll drop those leaves once she’s done eating them if you don’t want to prune.

2 Likes

Cannabis is cannibilstic. Isn’t it ironic?

5 Likes

I know everyone seems to always be suggesting Jacks nutrient line. But I see so many pictures of people having yellowing and burnt leaves after using Jacks that I am baffled it gets suggested so often. Think I’m gonna stay team Fox Farm.

2 Likes

Don’t think it has anything to do with Jack’s itself. My issue for instance was that I wasn’t pHing correctly lol

2 Likes

Oh yeah, @Alee21 I meant to post this… Fill this out as best you can so we can really give you help.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

-What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed (photo or auto)
-Age of plant/what week of flower
-Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
-Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, fabric pots
-PH and TDS of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
-PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
-Method used to measure PH and TDS
-Indoor or Outdoor if indoor, size of grow space
-Light system LED, MH/HPS/CMH/Fluorescents, or other
-Actual wattage draw of lights
-Current Light Schedule
-Temps; Day, Night
-Humidity; Day, Night
-Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
-AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
-Co2; Yes, No

Thanks! I’ve liked Jacks so far just because it so easy and the plant seemed to like it up to now, if that’s even the problem. It’s probably my method of ph-ing, I use the liquid method, which I understand is not recommended. But it’s been ok, till now. I must have been doing something right :woman_shrugging:.

-ILGM OGK Auto
-Almost 4th week in flower
-Fox farm ocean forest soil
-5 gallon fabric pots
-Ph was 6.4-6.5 (drops method) PPM of runoff 1800ish(don’t remember exactly)
-Jacks nutrients
-Indoor just one plant
-HLG100 V2 3000k
-12/12
-Temp 74 Hum 56
-Ventilation system; Intake, exhaust & fan
-De-humidifier
-Co2 No

1 Like

PH with drops is how most people do it. Nothing necessarily wrong with it. 6.5 is right where you want to be. A big question especially when using Jacks, is how much are you watering and are you watering till runoff? It’s recommended to water till roughly 20 - 30 ish % runoff to help fight salt buildup.

However I’m no expert so let me tag a few guys with more experience. @Hellraiser @Covertgrower @Myfriendis410 @BobbyDigital

5 Likes

Plant looks fine to me. 1,800 ppm is a bit on the low side for FF: I would feed until runoff TDS gets above 2,000 ppm or so then water until it’s around 1,800 ppm and repeat.

All of that said, I’m doing everything wrong with my last two groups of plants: in Promix and haven’t watered to runoff yet. Looking to harvest tomorrow or Monday.

2 Likes

I don’t think 30% is standard… but it’ll definitely avoid buildup.

Cannibalistic cannabis… :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

30% definitely a high number but you won’t have buildup issues for sure :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

I would say I get 10% runoff at most. I’ll try watering a bit more. Thanks!

3 Likes

I shoot for 15-20

2 Likes

I like around 20% runoff but happy if over 10%.

4 Likes