What is the percentage of male vs female growers?

I happened to be thinking of this odd question. Most growers on this site seem to be males. Why do you think that is? Of course, I am referring to the refer growers not the plants themselves. To those with girlfriends or mates do they ever grow themselves or do they ever provide you with any herb??? I have been with my mate for over 40 years and she has NEVER brought any smoke to the party…why is that?

1 Like

Because a man provides for his women!!! My wife doesn’t smoke but in the past I’ve had girlfriends that brought it too… They were really stoners…haha good times

3 Likes

very good question I think it is due to how they think my misses worries about the idea of getting caught or her kids finding out etc. I’ve met very few female growers and most of the make growers I know have women in their lives that would prefer they didn’t grow not too say I haven’t met plenty of female dealers lmao

1 Like

lol…there was a time my wife was happy I was starting an indoor grow.
I had a $400 start up budget and an idea…that turned into a $900 plus project that took up hours and hours of time, reading, researching, watching videos, asking questions.

Things have quieted down, but the plants are here to stay, and all the time they require, and some of the money.

3 Likes

Women are far more self reliant for the most part. They’re not like us men. They don’t feel the need to pat each other on the back all day. Odds are, there are just as many if not more women reading this forum than men, they just get the info they need and apply it. No conversation necessary.

2 Likes

Same reason women never have to buy drinks . . . :wink:

2 Likes

I’ve seen a handful of female growers on YouTube, but honestly, I just don’t think most of them are truly into this. Most pot heads that are men, would be so excited to grow weed at home. I just feel like a pot head girl could care less lol.
Anyway, I have a great girl now. She doesn’t smoke, ever. But supports me growing. She even wants to invest so that she could share in my profits haha. She never smokes, but randomly will eat an edible (it’s funny I bring this up because literally just last night she had some chocolate bar I was given and so she wanted to try it. She grabbed a square, ate half, and gave me the rest. An hour later she’s walking into the kitchen and I hear, “shit!”. So I walk into the kitchen to see her standing there just laughing. I asked if she’s ok and what happened. She goes, “I think there’s either something in the food we ate, or I’m super high from that chocolate!” She went on to say how drunk she felt from being so high haha, it was hilarious guys! In the end, she laughed for an hour, threw up, and passed out 2 minutes later. That’s what happens if she gets too high, but it’s always so funny to me. Meanwhile, I’m sitting there smoking a blunt and taking dabs and I ate the same amount of chocolate as her. It’s hilarious).
The best part, she helps me with our outdoor garden (veggies and fruits). She loves to garden, just like me, but has no interest in growing weed because she doesn’t use it or anything. Another reason why she wants to invest in me, but not actually need to do anything for me other than invest money haha. We’re going to India in February next year, so she knows how much money I could make with just a few plants. A flight to India is at least $1,500 from here on the North East.

Sorry to go on a rant. But yea, there’s definitely female growers out there, I just don’t think most of them are as serious about it as we are. Because regardless if they are more self reliant, it’s still just smart to talk to other growers and learn more. I’d like to see more honestly.

2 Likes

I would normally ignore a comment like that but most of the women I’ve met are very self concious want to one up all their friends and want affirmation am I doing this right? so maybe they lurk? but maybe there just isn’t as many female growers out there? Could also be just the women I know :wink:

1 Like

You must be meeting a good many teenage girls, not women.

lmao sometimes I wonder was no offence intended maybe just my misses and all her friends never got over their teenage drama just seems like a 10:1 ratio male to female growers. Could also be a finance thing my misses makes half my wage and their is a wage disparity so buying gear getting started can be a pain or hurtle for anyone.