What is the most you have paid for flower?

We were in Albuquerque this week. Stopped at a dispensary and picked up a gram of Snoop’s Dream. $46 a gram. $1288 ounce is steep but wanted to try this strain. Disappointed no seed in it for future grow but at that price there better not be. I really need to look into being a commercial grower.

Other scalping we took was in Jamaica. Got in resort around midnight and the guy taking us to our room offered weed. Sure we say. He brings back this twig thing. $100. We are still total neophytes and had zero clue what bud really ought to look like. Think bud size of oregano flower. It stank to high heaven though. This was also the trip we forgo a private day trip with new resort friends to ride bikes down mountain and got rained out. What did they get to do for $150? Private trip to Bob Marley’s grave where they smoked a joint. Yeah. We missed that.

1 Like

Gotta say my Jamaica experience was different. I bought some from the taxi driver. So I’m on the beach smoking when a cop walked up. He grabbed my joint, took a hit and stomped it in the sand. He walked off and returned with a paper Grocery bag asked for a hundred bucks American. I realized after I converted my money to Jamaican that no one in Jamaica wantedit they all wanted us money… Go figure. But I probably had a quarter pound I had so much I had to leave it in my hotel room.

3 Likes

That’s $1,301.80 @ 28.3 gr to oz.!
Id rather hit myself with a sledge hammer, go to the hospital, get pain meds, and still save $500 bucks!

That’s worse than the $5.00 dollar milkshake in Pulp Fiction! And not much is worse than seen in Pulp Fiction!

1 Like

Are they only selling grams? Because $46+taxes is really overpriced but within the discretionary budget of most people (especially tourists). Extending that price to ounces is… exorbitant doesn’t quite fit. It’s criminal. Like, I think we just found the only person who actually belongs in prison for selling cannabis.

3 Likes

I gotta get some off those seeds… I see an opportunity. Pacific has them for 10 a seed.

1 Like

I see it listed for $42 an eighth at Everest NM

1 Like

To answer your question, in my less than legal days, I think my guy charged $55 per eighth with no discounts. It was excellent flower, and he was/is generous. But now we have medical cards and the legal protection that goes along with that.

1 Like

@KeystoneCops @SKORPION

We bought a gram. If it is a rare strain that we don’t normally see I will get a gram to try, esp if I want to consider it for a grow. I saw the seeds on the Pacific Seed site. The thing I wondered about is that I had read this on Wikileaf "No cannabis producers have made seeds of Snoop’s Dream available for commercial sale. Any prospective growers will need to obtain clippings from mature plants in order to grow genetically identical “clones.” so wonder if they are true strain seeds.

For some time the cost per ounce in NM was $800-1200, with gram avg, in my town, $38. They are down to $12 now, and $10 ‘on sale’. This is why I now grow as it was risky driving back from Colorado with 5-8 oz of cannabis. The highway robbery has hurt most the poorer medical patients that can’t afford or do not have the means to drive four hours for better quality fairer priced flower. They do sell the oil comparable to Colorado but do not sale strain specific brands unless boutique markets in Santa Fe or Albuquerque. I can’t tell you how many times I asked my dialysis patients why they weren’t utilizing their medical cards and them tell me they could not afford it. It was heartbreaking. Every single staff member used/grew cannabis and I suspect supplied to some patients. Don’t ask don’t tell.

Edited to add: Snoop’s Dream was everything you would expect it to be. Super smooth, nice balance and well worth growing if you can find clone or seeds.

$600 an oz from a grower in Hollywood. He called it Kush, but I believe it was SFV OG.

1 Like

Getting off the cruise ship in the Bahamas and the guy renting scooters asked if I wanted to get one. I said no and the he asked if I wanted any “green or white”. I said hell yeah, how much. Green (Weed) -$30 a gram. White (Cocaine) - $300 a gram. I said nope. Back on the ship I found out my uncle bought 3g of “green”. This “green” was equivalent to the old Mexican brick weed and he paid $90 for less than an 1/8th.

1 Like

There’s some dispensary weed in Oregon going for $100 a gram,and another strain at the same didpensary for $80 a gram.Ridiculousness to me.I wouldn’t pay that much for ANY weed.

3 Likes

My husband said at that price it had better roll itself AND fix a snack for munchies,

1 Like

Wow, I have never purchase dispensary weed but see signs for $12 grams all over the place (in our OR town). I wonder what makes $100/g weed that expensive, surely few folks will pay that.

2 Likes

That’s halarious!And yes,it better.

1 Like

It’s at a place in Ontario,Oregon.Weed is illegal here,so the whole southern and western parts of our state go there to get weed. A year ago it was a lot cheaper, it’s gone way up.

1 Like

I went back and Googled their menu again and there were more expensive strains-Dutch Treat,$100 a gram,21%thc,Gelato 33-$100 a gram,22.13 thc,Blue City Diesel$100 a gram 20.06thc and a real bargain, Blood Orsnge at ONLY50 bucks a gram.This is why I grow my own.I think its highway robbery.And average income or low income patients can’t afford $10 a gram cannabis.I grow out of necessity and convenience. The local weed guy is a lifelong friend,and doesn’t have a clue I grow.I told him I get my weed in Oregon because its cheaper.You can find $100-$240 dollar weed if you look,lots of specials. Half of my state travels there,80% of sales in Ontario come from across the border,and all that tax money :moneybag: goes there.Our governor is anti-Cannabis to the teeth even though polls show 69% support for it.

1 Like

Wow! I paid $115 for an entire ounce of Gelato 33 in Colorado a couple of months ago. While I have a medical card in New Mexico I rarely use the dispensaries here. If I need an oil for the vape pen. Or shatter or wax for my topical I make. In Colorado, our 4 hour one way “Turn & Burn” day trip the weed runs $100 - 240 for 28 grams much like your area and that seems in line with the country. I have never seen it any higher than $240 and that is connoisseur level. We realized that going there every 3 months and spending $600-1000 we might as well grow our own. If we could grow our own the set up would pay for itself quickly. In the end of my first grow, harvested last month, I managed 11 ounces and the set up, including having to repurchase crap items, including increased electricity was $2400. But this next grow will be considerably less. Electricity over 5 months was only $150 overall, then the seeds and potting soil. Each grow will decrease amount of the first.

And I did SO well up until a ‘veteran’ grower (husband of a cousin) told me they were ready to harvest when my gut told me it was too early. Grape Ape was ready but the Wedding Cake still not so sure on. Still curing. It does seem to flush the brain and clear the head right away but no body buzz.

1 Like

Do not but from Pacific Seeds! They are a scam!
They don’t give you real genetics they sell you cannabis seeds but they arnt what they say they are and they all come from made up genetic companies or companies they just s
Say that they are from but they only sell random in house genetics! Do not buy!

1 Like

Never ordered from there before I will remember that.

I agree. Before I bought seeds here I did a lot of research. ILGM and Seedsman are top rated across the board on many review sites. My daughter-in-law really likes Pink Champaign she would get in Washington. I could not find those seeds except for Pacific Seed Bank. Their online reviews were bad and my thought is that if Seedsman and ILGM and even HGC don’t sell a strain they are not official. Especially as cheap as PSB sells them. I will stick with ILGM.HGC is dicey. I only had 30% germination rate (out of 10 seeds) and all the seeds they sent were small and some were pale. They did replace the seeds promptly. ILGM I had 100% germination rate and nice big fat brown striped seeds.