What is the heaviest indoor yielding strain?

Which ILGM strain produces the heaviest yield indoors?

The one you put hard work in. Like doing a SOG and maximising the amount of colas you have. To many factors can influence the crop. Like what lights, nutrients, water and minerals in said water. pH, salts, sugars like molasses with no sulphur and I think you get the idea. :+1::+1::+1:

4 Likes

Yeah, I have grown outdoors for over 20 years and this is the first time I have grown indoors. I have been watching tons of videos on YouTube about scrog tech.Which I’m definitely will scrog. It really looks like the only way to grow indoors.With my experience outdoors it will help me a little. But indoors is a different animal. I have Two week old Blue Dream and Bruce Banner . I just planted train wreck and blueberry. I was just wondering which one would be the best for indoors . If everything is done right.

1 Like

If you have real good lights like HLG, you need to stay on top of Blue Dream. She can go from being manageable to bat crap insane real fast. She can be a serious producer. So many factors can make or break a crop.

The others I haven’t grown. Growing indoors is really easy. I have had zero issues. If I could grow outdoors here, I would have my hands full.

4 Likes

Thank you MrPeat for helping me out. I appreciate it. I’m using Burpee organic soil in 10 gallon fabric bags. I have a 10x10 tent with 2) 1000w hps/mh air cooled lights 4) Tmlapy 3000watt led sunlike (260 actual watts)that I’m going to use . Will this lighting provide good enough light for good yield in a 10x10 tent?.. What kind of fertilizer do you recommend? I’m always willing to try new techniques and fertilizers. Thank you again!

1 Like

Been there 6 month ago…
you successfully grew outdoors? Indoor will feel like a walk in the park.

It’s so neat… you control everything… No pests… No early harvest due to rain and budrot.

I’m having alot of fun, now that i lost my anxiety concerning pots, watering, and feeding…

Just get a feel for what you work with and less is more until you know what is too much :wink:

1 Like

I only use HLG’s. I have no experience or knowledge of HPS and MH. @dbrn32 can answer your question. It maybe enough.

Where I live I wouldn’t be able to cool the room down with those lights. Its hard enough with HLG’s. :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

1000 watt hps with bulb in good shape and good hood will flower a 5x5 nicely. I’m not sure about the quality of your led fixtures though. A good 250 watt led fixture would take about 3 of them to push a 5x5.

3 Likes

I have 6 Tmlapy 3000W (260watt) led if I need to use 3 per 5x5. My plan was to use 2)1000w hps/mh lights in the center of my 10x10 tent across from each other . That would take care of 5x10 space. Then on each side of the two hps lights I was going to use 2) 260 watt led for the 2.5x10 space on each side of the 2 hps lights. Really the led lights would have to take care of a 2.5x 4 space because I’m going to have a walk way down the middle of the tent where I can get to the plants to scrog. But I guess I need to scrap that plan and use 6 (260w)led lights with my 2)hps/mh lights. Thank you very much for the help. If there is anything else that you can think of that would help me . Please tell me.

2 Likes

Yeah I have grown outdoors for a little over 20 years and I love it. But like you I got tired of it being unpredictable. What’s got me sweating about indoor is if my lights are good enough to turn excellent yield. After I get used to everything I can already tell it’s going to be sweet.

1 Like

You got 2 1000W HPS-MHL, air cooled with in-line duct n fan? R just ambient air from ur tent SU? Plus 260W LED for supplemental purposes? Dude that’s plenty of light going on, not to sure about the LEDs, they promise everything but cash back. U will have heat problems, it’s the nature of the beast with HIDs, so think temp control, and probably humidity solutions. U might want to apply some sun screen working n that tent, n maybe a little cooler of cold drinks. Lighting will not b a problem n a 10X10 tent, with the lighting ur going to b using. As far as the fertilizers, u could ask 20 different peps. n get 20 different answers. I wish u all the luck with ur grow sir. May ur buds b huge n your e-bill small :cold_sweat::v::v:…:alien:

4 Likes

I would try and see what kind of results you get.

2 Likes

My move indoors is more circumstantial… After my first indoor harvest I have to say, I still prefer an outdoor smoke… I should grow some durban poison, i know that strain from outdoors well maybe it could change my opinion :man_shrugging:

Happy growing…

1 Like

Yeah I’m going to use 2)1000watt Vivosun hps/Mhl air cooled lights and 4) Tmlapy 3000watt led sunlike (260actual). I have 2 more Tmlapy 3000watt for back up if I need them. I have the 2 1000watt lights hooked in with my 8 inch inline fan & duct work to cool the lights off. Then I have a 6 inch inline fan and duct work to bring fresh air in the tent. Right now I have to use a humidifier. But I say in a couple of weeks I’ll have to start using a dehumidifier.

1 Like

I wish you all the luck in the world. My your buds be so big you will have to drag them from your growing area to your drying room!!

1 Like

I love growing outdoors also. The only thing about it it unpredictable. But I guess that’s half the fun.

Happy growing to you also my friend.

I’m going to start with the light setup I was planning on and if more light is needed I’ll add more. Thank you for your help.

1 Like

Blue dream is supposed to be a heavy yielder but I’m telling ya, gotta have a good nutrient line. I used to use general hydroponics flora series. Had some really small blue dreams photos. Now I’m running advanced nutrients connoisseur plus their b52 and voodoo juice for veg. It PH balances the water. My plants in veg are so much bigger than I ever had.

3 Likes

I’d say the only thing u didn’t mention were carbon filters for ur duct work. Is ur fresh air coming from inside r out? If outside look into some filters to prevent some uninvited guests. U been growing outside for over 20 years, so u know ur way around the pots, n the plants. U got more than enough equipment, ph, ec, tds, n soil moisture n ph meters, I’m assuming. If not all the information u need is here on this site, check out Mr. Bergmans grow guides. As far as nutes, 20 different people will give u 20 different answers, it’s a weed with thousands of different ways to grow, none being “wrong”, so I keep my opinions to myself as far as that goes. There might b some bumps n the road, but it’s a road u been down. Good luck sir, may ur nugs b big, n the scale b heavy…:alien:

3 Likes