What is the best way to take cannabis raw?

A customer has a question and I hope we can get some opinions on it, thanks\

I have some questions that I hope you can answer. I am a senior lady with health problems and simply wish to take my cannabis raw. I am currently growing a few plants indoors. What is the best way to take cannabis raw (so far eating the leaves straight off the plant but have no idea how much to take daily etc.) Would putting them in the oven for 10 mins at low heat make them more potent? I also thought of juicing some (a lot of work for me) and steeping the leftover pulp in hemp oil. Would that be a good thing to do? Or not worth my while? I know most people want to get high but I just want less pain and more sleep. Kind regards, Myrna.

Alot of people make a tinticure and swear by it you take your raw mj and soak it in alcohol for 2 to 3 weeks and take a spoonful a day. Let me think @raustin are you the one who makes this this way

No, that’s not me, sorry. @AnneBonny knows all things tincture and oil. At least, I think she does.

Ok thank you. Sorry for some reason I thought it was you.

I believe what you’re talking about is called dragons tears…I think.

You’re funny @raustin. Thanks for the tag. My knowledge is limited but I’m willing to part with what I know.

Myrna - eating cannabis raw does have some benefits and juicing is probably the best way but ideally if your not smoking it, you should be decarboxylating your cannabis to get the best medical benefits it has to offer. Decarbing is when you wrap the flower in foil and put it in the oven at 240 degrees for 40 minutes. This turns your THCA and CBDA into THC and CBD. The CBD will help with your pain and the THC with your sleep. As a fibromyalgia suffer I can testify that it works. That process will take a little time as you need to bring your plants to harvest, let them dry and cure and then decarb it and put into what ever medium you decide.

You could make oils or tinctures for easy dosing. You could make some infused butter or coconut oil and cook with it. You could simply decarb it, grind it fine in a food processor and put it into capsules. It all depends on what you are capable of. You mentioned you need it for pain so I’m not sure how mobile or active you may be.

If you join the forum there is a lot of information about decarboxylation and how to make tinctures and oils and butter and lots of people here always willing to help you through it.

There is also a web series (not sure where you are in the world or what you have access to) called The Sacred Plant Healing Secrets Exposed that has some great information and there was a woman who juiced leaves she picked fresh from her plants. I can’t recall what her illness was but it was life threatening and cannabis essentially saved her life. If you have access to Youtube if you search for it you will find it.

Best wishes ~ AB

I remember that someone on the forum actually eats fresh leaves in a salad, not decarbed at all. Sorry, can’t remember who it was. You can get CBD oil pretty easily. Health food stores in California sell it with no doctor’s letter or anything. You might try CBD versus THC to see which one helps you, or it could be a mix that does it for you. There are cannabis strains that make mostly one or the other, if you are interested.

My MS has multiple symptoms, so a THC + CBD strain helps me the most.