What is the best way to install an INLINE carbon filter?

All of the information I am finding is general carbon filter placement, but I am buying an INLINE carbon filter and I am confused on the placement of the filter and fan and ducting? My grow room will be 4 x 4 x 7 with one small window. Thank you for any information. I am a total newbie, so forgive my lack of knowledge.

1 Like

Depends if u have room to install all that outside tdnt to keep as much room in as possible.

I have a 5x5 and keep an 8" fan (with filter) at the top center of the interior of the tent, though fan and filter can be installed outside of the tent if necessary.

i have to keep everything inside my little room and use the window. I cannot put anything outside

1 Like

inline means in one end and out the other in a straight line. the fan is in the same line as the intake side of the fan and its outflow.
Some will use multiple fans. one for exhausting the tent and another for drawing air into the tent. Then of course large spaces may need more than one fan and with larger flow capacities.
Are you wanting to set up exhaust or an intake fan?
this is my intake fan.

I put my exhaust fan on the outside to give me more height in the tent. Usually air is drawn through the filter. This also requires the filter be in the tent or have some type of special enclosure. In my case I blow the exhaust air through the filter

3 Likes

Nice setup, @beardless

1 Like

I didn’t even have to move my fishing poles hanging from the ceiling

2 Likes

I bought a 6in fan and I’m buying a 6in 400 cfm carbon inline filter. So, should I intsall the fan then ducting into the carbon filter, then more ducting straight to the window?

Is it better to just buy a regular carbon filter, not an inline carbon filter, for a simple grow room setup?

I will ask the basic question. If you are running the exhaust out a window is there a reason you need a carbon filter. A carbon filter is used to control / eliminate the smell cannabis produces. Are you a Lynard Skynyrd fan?
“Ooooh that smell
Can’t you smell that smell”
The normal in tent set up is

1. carbon filter
  2. next comes the fan after the filter. It can be attached directly to the filter or some ducting in between.
  3. after the fan is another length of duct that discharges the exhaust air where ever you want.

some exhaust into the ceiling, some like you out a window. Other exhaust back into the room containing the tent. That is how I do it.
I described the first method

3 Likes

Id suggest a carbon filter if its in your house. Unless you want everything smelling like bud. Even if venting outside ita gonna be in your house

2 Likes

neg pressure

1 Like

You getting any fishing in?

It has been years. I should move it along.

1 Like

From tent vent hole fan outside tent:

• Duct - fan - duct - carbon filter - duct - window

From tent vent hole fan inside tent :

• fan - duct - carbon filter - duct - window
2 Likes

I just had a wild card dealt to me. Diagnosed with liver cancer bout a month ago.

FFFFFFFFFFFFF sorry to hear that. You have been dealt more than one bad hand.

1 Like

Now I want to go :fishing_pole_and_fish:

2 Likes

Got me a new light buddy

1 Like

Looks like it covers the area well. What did u get?