What is the best soil I can get from lowes or home depot while I wait for my fox farm?

What is the best soil I can get from lowes or home depot while I wait for my fox farm ?

Seed starter mixes are probably your best bet. They donā€™t tend to have a whole lot of nutes.

Stay away from any Scottā€™s product like Miracle Grow. Cannabis and MG donā€™t get along very well. Any product that says ā€œfeeds for x monthsā€ should be avoided.

5 Likes

Thanks. I started her in Miracle Grow Organics but I want to change when I transplant and I have a few more about to pop.

9 Likes

Nice plant ! Yeah you are a Several weeks into flowering stage I donā€™t think Iā€™d transplant. Keep pushing towards finish line. Thatā€™s just me good luck.

14 Likes

Pretty sure Iā€™m root bound

Iā€™m with @kellydans transplanting would cause stress not what you want on a plant that far into flower

7 Likes

Ok ill take your advice and just start some new ones in solo cups . Instead of transplanting into a 1.75 gal. Iā€™ll go straight to 5 this time. Thanks

2 Likes

You may consider 3gal. would most likely be plenty of room unless you do a long veg. So would save on medium fox farm is kinda pricey i know

2 Likes

Kinda pricey but worth it. I make decent money at my job so I donā€™t mind spending a little extra.

3 Likes

I tried to find. 3 gallon at lowes but they only had 5 and 2 . So I got a few 5s and a 2 for water

1 Like

Use the Fox Farms dealer locator to find a local store that carries soil. Ordering soil to be shipped will cost easily 2-3 times as much as you can buy it for locally.

5 Likes

There is also coast of Maine and roots soils as good or better than FF

4 Likes

Any local retailer that sells fox farms soil will have many other choices of growing medium as well. The only way to find out what they have to offer is to take a short road trip.

4 Likes

The ones here carry Promix, its decent, but treat for fungus gnats just like every other one.

1 Like

I will say I love my fabric pots. Check ā€˜ā€˜em out if you havenā€™t tried before

2 Likes

I didnt see any at lowes but Iā€™m headed this weekend for fabric pots and some fox farm. Eventually Iā€™ll make my own

2 Likes

I put a Purple Punch and 2 more WW down in some (unfortunately) Miracle Grow seed starter potting mix. Next round will be The Fox Farm ocean forest but Iā€™d like to learn to make my own.

1 Like

Fabric pots is a great choice. I use 5 gallon with autos an 7 gallon for photos indoor grow. Some people use 3 gallon for auto but I fell like if you got the space fill it up.

1 Like

I would see if you can get roots original for equal or less effort. Cost should be similar to fox farms, the roots is just a little more consistent and doesnā€™t compact as easily. In all should be more friendly experience for most.

3 Likes

Is there a way u can cut the bottom of the pot without harming the roots too much cut off bottom and fill another pot with soil and set that pot in another pot where the roots will grow thru the bottom into the new soil. It might be of help I have seen it done with fab pots might help ya out without doing a complete transplant just expanding the home she is in basically. Sux to ruin a pot to do it but if it saves the plant what a couple dollar pot lol. Good luck

2 Likes