What is the best grow room supplies

i have decided to go with soil with photo plants. i have a decent step by step guide given to me by @mrpeat if anyone could give me a list of what they think would be the best options for my first time growing anything from grow tents to soil mix would be very helpful i might not be able to respond till tomorrow went over my limit today since its my first day

5 Likes

Welcome to the community we’re glad to have you ! When choosing a soil go with a proven cannabis-friendly soil. (Fox Farm , Roots organic and many more) also nail down exact size grow space. indoor grow choosing quality light that fits budget is going to be very important. Lot of experience Growers here to help.

5 Likes

I’m sure someone has created a list. A tiered list of items in groups of necessity progressing to helpful would be sweet.

Like Kellydans said, lighting is going to be your biggest cost and most important. Quality tent as light leaks aren’t beneficial for photos. Ventilation for air exchange. pH and tds meters are vital.

Many other little things will help it be easier and higher quality.

Welcome to the forum

3 Likes

@jdog10200 I am just waking up so in a little bit I will do a detail list.

2 Likes

I am looking forward to seeing what I’m lacking at this point

I feel like I’m good but I’ll bet there will be a few things I’ve not thought of just yet

3 Likes

Don’t skimp on the light, even if you have to hold off a few weeks and save up.

3 Likes

This is off the top of my head.

Grow Tent: determine the size you can put in a room. I use a 4x4x80” one.

Grow lights: most important item. I use HLG lights. The Light Guru, @dbrn32 can help with selecting one and or DIY one. Lnow your price range.

pH meter: Apera or Blue Labs. Both are excellent. I use Apera. I also have a Vivosun one as well.

TDS: I forgot the brand name. I have several.

Grow buckets: 5 gallon buckets with wholes drilled into the bottom. Also Vivosun fabric bags are good. I wouldn’t go bigger than 7 gallon bags.

Soil: Plenty of options. Super soils like Pro Mix and Fox Farm. I use FFOF soil but for a newbie, I would go with either Fox Farms Happy Frog or another. Avoid Miracle Gro stuff.

Fans: Oscillating ones. Local Walmart ones is fine. Its better to have metal ones and not plastic.

Special item: PVC pipe. I use PVC pipe to keep my fabric bags off of the bottom of my tent. There is stands that can be bought off Amazon which helps with collecting run off. PVC doesn’t have the space to collect run off.

Inline fan: AC Infinity works great. I don’t use one but most do.

Of course seeds.

Nutrients: Jack’s 321 is the easiest to use. I use the entire Fox Farm line. Time consuming.

Spray water bottle: For misting domes

Domes: I use clear Lipton tea containers…32oz one

Drying rack makes life easier. Not expensive

Gloves like the ones used in a hospital. Not surgical gloves.

Scissors for trimming.

Water: I would use a R/O for water. A PUR tap filter works great.

1 gallon jugs

If you do a Scrog, you will need netting.

You can also use PVC pipe with the netting. You can also use PVC pipe for securing the colas.

Cal-mag…also like Fox Farm Sledgehammer to flush excess salt buildup.

Yup…power strips, power cord depending on the location of a power outlet.

Automatic timers so the gear will turn off and on for you.

Did I miss anything?

7 Likes

Maybe a couple of timers, power strips and cords?

4 Likes

@StonedCold13 Good save…thanks. Anything else you can think of? This is just spit balling off the top of my head with little caffeine in my system.
:joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

One thought: everything required may not have to be acquired at once. It can be spread over several weeks/months on an as-needed basis.

Think in terms of the plant’s stages of life and what/when it will be needed:

Seedling: seed, grow medium, spray bottle, small light, container, pH meter, if using tap water: chlorine test strips.

Vegetation: nutrition, light, water, grow medium, microbes, container, fan, temp sensor, TDS meter, if growing in a tent: tent, if training: wire, pruning shears, …

Flower: …

Harvest: …

Consume: …

5 Likes

You rocked it good buddy!
Maybe some personal safety to have hanging outside the grow. Glasses and long sleeve shirt for working in the room.

3 Likes

I use safety glasses from a local welding shop. Damn…it ate my post.

@jdog10200 Here you go.

This is off the top of my head.

Grow Tent: determine the size you can put in a room. I use a 4x4x80” one.

Grow lights: most important item. I use HLG lights. The Light Guru, @dbrn32 can help with selecting one and or DIY one. Lnow your price range.

pH meter: Apera or Blue Labs. Both are excellent. I use Apera. I also have a Vivosun one as well.

TDS: I forgot the brand name. I have several.

Grow buckets: 5 gallon buckets with wholes drilled into the bottom. Also Vivosun fabric bags are good. I wouldn’t go bigger than 7 gallon bags.

Soil: Plenty of options. Super soils like Pro Mix and Fox Farm. I use FFOF soil but for a newbie, I would go with either Fox Farms Happy Frog or another. Avoid Miracle Gro stuff.

Fans: Oscillating ones. Local Walmart ones is fine. Its better to have metal ones and not plastic.

Special item: PVC pipe. I use PVC pipe to keep my fabric bags off of the bottom of my tent. There is stands that can be bought off Amazon which helps with collecting run off. PVC doesn’t have the space to collect run off.

Inline fan: AC Infinity works great. I don’t use one but most do.

Of course seeds.

Nutrients: Jack’s 321 is the easiest to use. I use the entire Fox Farm line. Time consuming.

Spray water bottle: For misting domes

Domes: I use clear Lipton tea containers…32oz one

Drying rack makes life easier. Not expensive

Gloves like the ones used in a hospital. Not surgical gloves.

Scissors for trimming.

Water: I would use a R/O for water. A PUR tap filter works great.

1 gallon jugs

If you do a Scrog, you will need netting.

You can also use PVC pipe with the netting. You can also use PVC pipe for securing the colas.

Cal-mag…also like Fox Farm Sledgehammer to flush excess salt buildup.

Yup…power strips, power cord depending on the location of a power outlet.

Automatic timers so the gear will turn off and on for you.

Safety glasses tinted or a good pair of sunglasses.

Paracord for help supporting big plants as well.

Colored Solo cups for starting the seeds then transfer. I go straight to my forever home so I don’t have to transplant.

Jeweler loupe for checking trichomes.

Drip tray for collecting run off.

Did I miss anything?

You don’t have to buy it all upfront. Piece it together over time. Its what most of us did when we first started. I learned so much from growers like @Myfriendis410.

8 Likes

Kind words! I just passed along what I learned, lol.

I think you covered the basics pretty well.

3 Likes

Extra Ratchet straps always come in handy

Drip trays for collecting run off (might have already been mentioned)

2 Likes

I just mentioned for collecting run off but yes, a drip tray would be helpful. But it should be washed after each use.

1 Like

Yeah you did a great job
I was just trying to think of stuff that I initially forgot that was not on the list specifically.

Mycos is not necessary but it is supposed to be a good root booster
That’s another thing that I forgot in the beginning

Lol solo cups? Was that already said? Probably

1 Like

Yeah I mentioned the colored Solo Cups. :+1:

1 Like

Colored being the important part.

1 Like

Patience lots of patience
You’ll need that

4 Likes

Can’t really buy that though. This hobby will gladly hand it out to you.

4 Likes