What is Rspec in an LED light?

My 135W QB 3000k light by HLG is not a Rspec, but I just pulled 7 ounces of dried and trimmed Blue Dream bud with this light in a 2x2 tent. It’s adjustable power supply allows me to range from 65w low to 150w high checking the power draw with a wall watt meter.

If the Rspec is basically the same price (or close), this light would be a great choice!

3 Likes

Sounds good. My 2bulb 2ft t5 fixture just doesn’t seem like its quite enough light for my mom(s) in my 3x3 tent…

1 Like

P.s. I’ll be taking cuts of blue dream and g.s.c. next week off of my moms lol.

1 Like

I currently have 3 hlg 550v2 rspecs in my main grow room. (I’ll put the cash up) I see it as an investment that you’ll get your return from in one way or the other! Looking into getting a 24k btu mini split ac and a anden dehu currently…those are my next 2 biggest upgrades.

4 Likes

Oh ok lol I’m glad your doing it right!!!

2 Likes

Two bulb t5 is a stretch for a 3x3. You really don’t want a ton of light for mother plants though. Also, would go for more of colder cct. You want to encourage foliage production on mom plant without a lot of vertical growth.

I think for the $200 you would drop on a 135 kit you could build a nice little lamp cheaper that would be more practical. Some 5000k bridgelux eb strips on hlg-120 or somewhere about. Probably wouldn’t need to run a light like that wide open either.

3 Likes

Thanks, I made an error in my mom tent Its a 4bulb t5. But i will for sure consider your recommendation as to an alternative to that 135w. I’m in no rush just looking into upgrading

1 Like

Digikey has 560mm eb gen2 for under $5 right now. If you did say 10 of them on an hlg-120h-c700a driver the cost of leds and driver would be about $100. If arrow has similar pricing and both in stock I believe you can also save $20 on your first order from them. I figure you’ll probably spend an additional $60 or so getting the rest of stuff, but it would still be a little cheaper than 135 kit. And it would be a better light for your purpose because you can spread strips out a little for coverage.

If you had some aluminum laying around or a place you could get free or cheaply then fixture would be less.

4 Likes

images%20(3)

Happy ILGM Anniversary @MT3 :grin:

3 Likes

Thank you @Missiles, learned tons on ILGM!

2 Likes

Yes you did and it all started with little Sandy :wink:

2 Likes

Happy Anniversary buddy!

2 Likes

Thank you much my friend!

2 Likes

Happy Anniversary @MT3 :v:

2 Likes

I just ordered the Niemi 130W Red Spec QB. With the double discount, it was $160 shipped. Film at 11.

2 Likes

@jdm61 I also ordered mine yesterday, but mine was $155, they sent me a $20 coupon code. I hope to see how well it works! I got the 3500k in hopes it would be better from seed to stoned.

2 Likes

@jdm61 @CannaGuyGrow I’m interested in your first impressions of those lights if you’ve got them hooked up. I’m in need of a new light for a small veg tent and this looks like it would fit the bill.

1 Like

What size tent are you vegging in @Cantankerous

Just a 2 x 2. I’m stuck with incognito closet grows

1 Like

Why not run a QB 288 V1 board? You can get them paired with a slate 2 heatsink for like 60 bucks. Then an HLG-150H-54A driver and you would have a good light.

3 Likes