What is REALLY your opinion of CFL lights

I’m also on the lighting part of my closet. When I see grow pics, most have the light directly above the plant. My closet is 3x3x6. Would it benefit to do 1 light in each corner? Having all point towards center… instead of the one above. Just a thought. I’ll be using a mix of CFL and LED to get started.

1 Like

It really comes down to footprint and intensity of the lighting. The higher your light is, the larger your footprint will be but the light intensity at canopy level will be lower.

There’s always more than one way to get to a reasonable outcome. Just arrange them so the majority of your light is getting to your plants. You can always post up some pictures and see what everyone thinks.

I have 2 1k MARS LED systems they have been kept fairly further away in veg I think they are way too strong for sprouts, however in veg. And flower they are not more than 1 foot from tops and plants are responding very well to them I encourage all growers to go LED for stealth. I have a friend who has miraculously have combined solar power with LED. I will be consulting with him to help others and myself😋I also use LED floodlights to bring in some more wattage so I’m pushing 2360watts@210actual watts 119k lumens including fans only problem I have is heat and grow space which I refuse to let go due to steathiness of my closet
#engineersRock

3 Likes

I agree. Engineers do rock! Do the Mars 1k lights draw 1,000 actual. I thought only 650.

1 Like

With the latest I’ve seen, it’s still way more cost efficient to go on grid solar and size it to cover your grow consumption.

1 Like