What is ideal lux at plant top?

Given the lack of standard in LED lighting info, im looking for a more tangible way to measure my light. I have a meter that measures lux and fc. I get the basis of inverse squared law, that intensity of light is in direct proportion to distance from source.
So I’m hoping one or more of you might have some guidance i could borrow… obviously wattage comparisons are pointless.
I have a single plant so i would imagine that if i knew what it should be at plant top i can raise or lower my light accordingly. Or i just showed my ignorance so you can have a good chuckle

1 Like

I know there are several growers here who monitor lighting like you want. Lots of us never measure and do just fine. Just watch the plant for indications of too much/little light and adjust.
@dbrn32 is the light expert among others so he might be able to advise.
Or you can use the forum search feature and search for LUX, or DLI and find suggestions.
Grow On and be excellent to each other…Lol

1 Like

I would just use conversion factor. It’s not perfect but will give you a general sense. Also worth considering that some plants are more sensitive than others, or lighting needs may change with environmental conditions. So adjust as needed.

1 Like

If you have a truly smart phone you can download the photone app and it has the DLI/PPFD option and the chart supplied gives you DLI for each stage of growth to make it easy.
I use the following with this chart as a loose guide,
15-20 for seedlings
35-45 for veg, (I push to 50-55 and back it off if she tells me too)
35-50 for flower and…
Back to 35 for final 3 weeks.