What is happening to my plant? How can I fix it? Any help appreciated!

Unusual yelling of fan leaves, appears to begin mid way up the plant. It doesn’t start at the type like a nutrient burn. Generally it’s just popping up equally splotchy across the leaves. It is extremely humid where I’m at and in the mid to high 80’s during the day and mid to low 70’s at night. Possible heat problem or nitrogen deficiency? Pics below

You really need to fill in the blanks ie soul type nutes how much how often. It’s a lot easier to tell what it might be if we know how you’re growing here. Now I have a Durban Poison outside right now at it’s been hitting 91-92 the last week and she is taking it like a champ. I’d say it’s a nute issue. @VTGROW @Myfriendis410 @MattyBear @DivChem and anyone else can you tell him what y’all think the issue/s might be?

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
  • Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
  • Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
  • Indoor or Outdoor
  • Light system
  • Temps; Day, Night
  • Humidity; Day, Night
  • Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
  • Co2; Yes, No

Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner :slight_smile:

Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks for the replies. I’ll answer to the best of my knowledge. 5 gallon pots. Haven’t tested the run off. Outside grow where there is extreme humidity and reaches high 80’s to 90’s during the day and 70’s at night. They’re bag seeds. This particular plant I believe is an auto flower due to the fact it is flowering despite the lighting schedule and didn’t veg to big. My other plant is four times it’s size and is doing great on the same schedule but it’s getting more nitrogen because it’s not going to flower till the natural light is right in about 2-3 weeks. I recently switched to a more budding feed “higher potassium and phosphate and not so much nitrogen” for this plant due to it has substantial buds forming. If it was burn wouldn’t the tips shrivel and die first? The feed is 20-20-20 and includes magnesium and iron. I just followed the direction on the container 1/4 teaspoon per half gallon of water. It’s well water so ph is okay. They’re in an area with plenty of air flow. I fed them a little more than usual today to see if it was a deficiency. If it intensifies the problem I’ll immediately flush assuming it’s a burn. If neither of those options help I’ll assume the strain is just not suited for the heat of this environment. The buds look awesome though close up.

I’m about to crash so tomorrow I’ll include more specific details on the feed.

I feed every third day and leave two days a week to dry because it’s so humid the soil stays moist and don’t want to cause rot.

Also I’m using fox farms ocean forest soil

Looks like a clone I got from a friend I had last year, the genetics were wonky and unstable. I still got bud off it but it wasn’t very good. I believe it was someone’s attempt at getting earlier finishing plants, mixing an auto with a photo. Is it a clone?

What are you watering with? Could easily be a ph issue, or number of other things. Would be ideal if you had even cheap digital ph and tds testers here to collect some data.

2 Likes

Well water. I’m out pretty far from the city so the water should be okay. Here’s pics of my veg feed and budding feed

1 Like

Jr Peter’s stuff?

It’s called jacks classic. Today it appears to either stalled or gotten better. I don’t think it’s gotten worse. I flushed yesterday first thinking it was a chemical burn then I went and over fed thinking it was a deficiency. The original soil has quite a bit of nutrients to begin with. Also it’s only a two maybe three foot plant in a 5 gallon pot. The buds are looking great though. I really hope I don’t lose the plant.

He she’s looking today… :frowning:

Is this it? Thanks again for the replies.

I would be slightly concerned plants are getting root bound in the plastic bucket. Otherwise I think you may be lacking some calcium too. Do you have any calmag?

I drilled 1/4 holes all around the bucket top to bottom and underneath. Also I’ve given them a lot of dry days to hopefully make them stretch the roots.

I got worried it was that bacteria I posted before and trimmed the effected leaves and used an organic fungicide that works on bacteria too.

Will the plant die with only a few fan leaves left? It didn’t have many to begin with

I got the magnesium but no calcium. I’ll get some tomorrow

My other plant in the background started at the same time as the budding one and it’s five times the size of the budding one so it might not be the buckets but you never know.

I think genetics and environment are playing a role too.

1 Like

Leaf septoria is a possibility, I’m just not familiar in dealing with it. I would figure the other plant would have it as well if that was case.

I was thinking more along the lines of roots circling around the bottom indefinitely causing them to have trouble rather than oxygen type of problem. If you have plenty of air holes and they get opportunity to dry out between waterings shouldn’t be an issue.

1 Like

Yeah I followed protocol on dealing with it because it is prone to happen in hot extremely humid environments on weak plants and that’s exactly what I’m dealing with. The other plant is so big and healthy it’s strong enough to have not contracted it. Hopefully it stays that way.

Well water is okay for humans, but that doesn’t mean the PH will be in the right range for plants. Most tap water (well or city) usually comes out at neutral or higher. More alkaline than acidic, and your plants want slightly acidic soil.
It’s always a good idea to get at least a cheap meter.
BUT, if the plants have been receiving rain water, then PH shouldn’t be the issue.
It doesn’t get any better than rain water, because it usually comes down slightly acidic, due to the CO2 in the atmosphere. (Unless it’s acid rain)

1 Like

Yeah they’ve been getting tons of rain water. I had to wrap the top of the structure with clear wrap to keep them from getting over watered.

1 Like