What is happening here?

Have 3 stems on 1 plant turning yellow real fast like! Stems are skinny but still have buds on them. Should I cut these 3 stems out or let’em go? Rest of the plants look great! What to do??? Any thoughts are welcome!!!

Please fill out a ticket

Fill out a TICKET???

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?

System type?

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS

Indoor or Outdoor

Light system, size?

Temps; Day, Night

Humidity; Day, Night

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

Co2; Yes, No

1 Like

AK - 47 Fem.
Miracle Grow Garden Soil mixed with potting soil and Perlite
Watering ph is 6.8 - 7.0
No runoff ph
Using B.M.O. Flower Power at 2/3 full strength
Indoor in tent 48" x 48" x 78"
400 watt HPS in 6" cool tube light
Temps 78* to 82* throughout the day and nite
Humidity is 66%
Light and tent vented to attic 6"
Using A/C and humidifier
Co2 / Yes
Plants are 14 Wks. old and 30 days into flower!!!

@gilly You definitely need to check the runoff pH immediately. That’s really what would tell us if it’s a pH problem, or possibly something else. Get a water runoff reading for us and get back to us. Also, try to get your humidity level down, 66% is too high for flower.

1 Like

Never watered that much at 1 time to have any runoff???

Wow really? @gilly That’s not good my man, not good at all. You need to water deep into the soil so that it gets moist. Once moist, the roots will grow into it. If soil is left dry in your pot, roots will not grow into it. You’ll essentially make your plant grow roots up, instead of down. Causing slow growth, less yield, and potential problems (like we’re seeing now).
Water your plant fully. Until there is runoff you can collect and sample. We’ll go from there.

1 Like

Runoff is 8.0 Believe me man , them plants are watered thoroughly! They are wet enough that if I dump a 16oz cup of water on them it will produce just a bit of runoff but not enough to measure! Just dumped 3 - 16oz cups on the 1 plant to get a reading of 8.0 !

Never watered that much at 1 time to have any runoff???

That might be the problem or at least a contributing factor

Salt build-up is likely, a flush or at least a good amount of runoff might stop that but it will never come back, they just dry up and kind of crumple off

Check the pH of your run off and also your PPM

… why do you keep your pH so high ?

1 Like

Thing is it’s just the 3 stems on the 1 plant. The rest of the plant looks fine as do the other 3 plants? Should I hack those 3 out and dry and cure them to smoke??? I don’t keep the ph that high, that’s just what it ended up at! Just opened the flood gates on’em! What should the ph be for the water I use to water with???

Yeah I’m guessing that’s the part that scorched first

I have a plant that looks exactly like that from very low ph and I burnt the plant

I flushed it and stopped it but they stay like that

I wouldn’t cut off budding sites!

… they’re going to bud, just break those little yellow parts off when they dry or take the whole leave if you have to

…and definitely check your runoff !

I stated earlier that the ph was 8.0 but checked it again 30 min later and it’s now 8.8 !!! WTF??? I never water with fresh as I let it sit in a bucket for 3 days before i use it. Then I make sure the ph is never over 6.8 - 7.0 Is this good for watering?

What are you testing with?

I’m not sure but I use pH up and down from General Hydroponics, a very simple very easy use product

and I use a pH meter to always check my pH is exactly where I want it

I think maybe those two items could help you out a lot
-good luck

I have a ph meter and a bottle of ph down. I was told it should be 6.8 - 7.0 ??? Is this correct, I need ta know like…now!!! Is this correct??? Is it, Isn;t it, Is it, Isn’t it ??? I’m bout 5 weeks out from harvest if my calculations are correct??? I don’t wanna !@#$ it up any more than I have already!!! I’m too close for this ta happen!!!

HELP PLEASE!!!

No …it should be 6.5 in soil, 5.8 in Hydro

Yeah, sounds like pH issues in your soil. I damn near killed one of mine this way. If the pH of the soil is off, it will basically cut off the nutrients from being absorbed at the root. You need to flush that plant now with a water solution pH less than accepted norm to bring it down. I’m still new to the science to this, but would try flushing with 6.0 until you get below a 7 input runoff. By then the brains will find your post to give better instructions, but you need to lower that pH now!

But like I said, why just the 3 stems and not the entire plant? Why not the other 3 plants? They all got the same thing at the same time! Same nutes, same amount, same water, same light. I just don’t get it???

Flagged your post to try and get admin to help. Not a bad thing towards you.