What is happening here

Every now and then I get a few leaves that turn funny. Any thoughts on the cause. I trim them off and then they are good for a few days then again image image There are only a few affected at a time so far. I’m in 5 gallon fabric pots indoor tent LEDs 4 plants 3x3x6. Growing Train Wreck

Could be many things, calcium deficiency is my first thought. Could also be pH related.

Can you fill out a support ticket?

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.

If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post

NA (non applicable)

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed

• Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF

• Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths

• PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)

• PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable

• Indoor or Outdoor

• Light system

• Temps; Day, Night

• Humidity; Day, Night

• Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

• AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

• Co2; Yes, No

Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner

3 Likes

[quote=“Drinkslinger, post:2, topic:40747”]
What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed

Train wreck feminized 4 seeds they all grew

• Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
-Soil

• Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
5 gallon fabric pots

• PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
Don’t know

• PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
Using

5ml each in 2L water

• Indoor or Outdoor

• indoor

• Light system
1000w LEDS

• Temps; Day, Night
74-69

• Humidity; Day, Night
87% - 45% I’m not sure when it’s the highest

• Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
Yes 4 inch 210cfm

• AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier
De- humidifier I ran it for 2 days constantly got too dry

Looks like too much light or not enough potassium, but that’s only an educated guess, I would experiment with both parameters to determine the cause. Either less light, or a touch of k2SO4.

What kind of water are you using? Municipal, well, distilled, RO?

So you’re not checking pH or ppms?

1 Like

If you are, please tell us what instruments you are using?

What exactly are you running and what is the wattage drawn from the outlet?

I’m with @Drinkslinger pointing to calcium def. You should be running cal mag.

2 Likes

I have order a ph water tester my two prong soil one it’s hard to read looks like about 7 are they reliable? I’m using PH perfect micro grow bloom and RO water.

Thanks for helping.these are the specs on the light I have.

this is the meter I have

1 Like

These meters will only get you in trouble. They are Highly inaccurate. My suggestion is to Invest in a decent digital ph meter and tds meter

Sorry, no, those are complete garbage. (I bought one too many years ago).

This is from your light on Amazon:

• Seeding:36-47 inch
  • Growing:18-24 inch
  • Flowering:12-18inch
  • Real Wattage: 200W±5%
  • Replacement: 1000W or 1200W HPS/MH
  • Working Voltage: AC100~240V / 50Hz-60Hz
  • Ideal Coverage : 3ft x 3ft or 4ft x 4ft grow tent

So understand that you want 50 watts (from the wall) per square foot if using Amazon lights. So a 2 X 2 foot space with this light. You can veg under it quite a few more but not flower.

As stated; those probe type meters are essentially worthless or worse; misleading. You need something like:

https://www.amazon.com/Apera-Instruments-AI223-Accuracy-Calibration/dp/B07BDVL66C/?tag=greenrel-20

https://www.amazon.com/Dumsamker-Professional-Temperature-0-9999ppm-Aquariums/dp/B07H578WWT/?tag=greenrel-20

2 Likes

I have RO water I didn’t know what a PPM was until a couple of days ago. So thanks for that. I’m trying to pick out a decent PH and PPM tester to order. I can’t afford anything too elaborate just yet but don’t want to buy junk either.

1 Like

I suspected as much. RO water is stripped of everything. Its great for growing cannabis, but you have to add minerals to make up for the “clean” water.

If you start adding cal-mag to your feeding and watering youll see those spotted leaves stop appearing.

Youll still have to adjust the water ph or nutrients ph after adding cal mag

I know that pH equipment seems seems superfluous, but its necessary to grow good cannabis.

What can you afford? Decent pH meters run from around $20-$80.

I ordered a PH pen and and a PPM one too be here Friday where can I get cal mag ? How much do I use? I use this with my nutrients? And thanks for all the help much appreciated by this newbie

1 Like

You can get cal mag on Amazon. I dont know what nutes you are using but if they make a cal mag it’s best to keep it in the same brand I believe, but I use general hydroponics CALiMAGic

I’m using Advanced Nutrients Micro, Grow and Bloom, just got the voodoo juice. I still need a few things when I start to flower according to there recommendations I haven’t been giving the full strength because the directions seem to be for hydroponics. I’m going half strength every other time I water. Does the growing method affect the concentration of nutrients. Sometimes I’m too careful. But better safe than sorry usually.

1 Like

Ok so they do make a cal mag, and it is on Amazon. While you could complete your grow with what you have, bloom boosters and things of that sort will vastly improve your product as long as you have the lights to make the plant uptake it, half strength is not bad for now, when they get bigger you can increase your ppms just watch for nute burn.

So they lied about it being ideal for a 3x3 and 4x4 grow tent at 12 ft no less mines only 6ft tall. That sucks.
If I understand the math then a second light would then give me a 400w covering 8 square feet my tent at 3x3=9ft square I’m still 50w short I have 4 train wreck plants Topped and LST
I guess I can rule out light burn, as the cause then or can I ?

Thanks I just ordered it.

1 Like