What is growth on bud

switched to 12 12 cycle and pistols still clear. Seems like awful long time. Now on one plant have some green growth on couple of buds. First grow and not sure what this is. Plants are Jack Herer and Bruce Banner Fast. Extra growth on one of the Bruce Banner plants. First picture of growth on bud and second overall of plants. Don’t know how to make picture show.

2 Likes

forgot the 12 12 date switch 9-15-2021

Can you get a slightly closer clearly picture?.
Does it look like a bunch of bananas?

2 Likes

It looks a lot like male parts but I can’t tell 100%

If it looks like bananas it is male parts and it will if not all ready pollinate your bud and you will have seeds everywhere

1 Like

Not just nanners… spewed nanners… some of those calyx look possibly pollenated… when pollenation occurs, trich development slows to a crawl.

U may want to try to peel open one of those swollen looken buds… if u find a seed, Id wager there are quite a few more.

3 Likes

crap. should I just cut them down

what about other plants. cut them down as well?

No reason to cut them down. The damage is done. May end up with some seeds but will still have bud to smoke.

5 Likes

should I seperate that plant from the others and do I still wait for milky pistols to harvest?
By the way, Thanks for the input. I am totaly new and don’t have a clue what I am doing.

Yea if you have more in flower, id definite isolate her. Dont want pollen spewing all over the room.

OK Will isolate. On this plant and the others do I still wait for milky pistols to harvest?

1 Like

You can, may take a bit longer or never come at all. But the longer she can go the better

It sucks when it happens but it happens to us all my friend.
Now you know what to look for. I try to make it a point as often as I have time, to just get up close and personal with them. Looking them all over really good as they grow. Sometimes you get a nanner or 2 and you can literally just pluck them off and want see any more, other times it can be a branch full of half the plant or all over.
But always a good idea to isolate it so to contaminate as little as possible so you don’t get seeds in the other plants and hopefully the potency isn’t effected much.

It’s definitely not a lose though

1 Like

Yeah, got some tweezers and plucked them off and moved to a grow cabinet. Wish I knew what caused it. I had switched to distilled water for watering and the plants did not like that at all, leaves some of the leaves turned yellow so switched back to city water. Seams like taking all plants forever to get the milky pistols. Went to a 12 12 light schedule 9-15-21 but not sure when they started flowering. Be glad when they do so I can harvest and clean everything with bleach and try another batch. Thanks for your input. Definitely a learning experience.

1 Like

I found one on my last grow when I harvested. What was interesting is that the nanner was so small that you needed a microscope to see it. I didn’t see it on the piece of flower when I pulled it from the plant. Check it out.

Snap_004

5 Likes

@MidwestGuy Nice picture and that’s a good example.

3 Likes

wow. Did your buds have seeds? How did you know when to harvest.