What is going on with my girls?!

Continuing the discussion from First grow, weird orange spots on leaves, curling edges:

@garrigan62 @Majiktoker you guys are the best at diagnosing problems!

1 Like

Thank you!!! :slight_smile: I am wondering if it is a heat burn. They started out indoor as tiny girls, and got powdery mildew. So I treated them and repotted them and put them outside. I have a feeling they got a chemical burn…

Hope I’m wrong but now I’m seeing it everywhere & apparently it’s almost an epidemic in England …leaf spot fungus ?

Oh I hope not!! How do you get rid of that!?

I’ll let you know if I figure it out ?
:frowning:

sorry for the picture quality I don’t have the option of pitcures without a sodium light in it but I wanted to try to show you a comparison

Hope it’s not it !?, @garrigan has info on how to deal with it (but the info he has talks mostly about this in outside grows for some reason), but there’s plenty of it to go around inside too.

I have one or two threads going about this now, when I wake up a little and have coffee I’ll add a link

Edit: Heres all the pictures and info on brown leaf spot also known as leaf spot fungus.

It’s also called septoria, good luck with it because it sucks

1 Like

I should add that in just a week or so since identifying it I’ve almost completely stopped it in the vegetative state.

I don’t see any new in the flower tent but it’s devastating what’s already happened !

I sprayed neem oil at about half recommended strength once and sprayed some sodium bicarbonate at 1 tsp / gallon twice so far

1 Like

@Mrs.Jensen,

First I would like to Welcome Mrs. Jensen to ILGM. Please visit any or all categories for there is wealth of information just waiting for you to read. An you gota visit the members lounge. That’s where we all talk about anything but no grow questions.

OK…My pic of your first pic up top
The second pic is a totally different deficiency.

Problems with Calcium being locked out by PH troubles

Very acidic soils with excessive potassium, dry and or wet soil. Lack of calcium in the soil may cause too acidic soil. This may cause to Mg or Iron deficiency or very slow stunted growth

Soil

Calcium gets locked out of soil growing at ph levels of 2.0- 6.4
Calcium is absorbed best in soil at a ph level of 6.5-9.1 (Wouldn’t recommend having a ph of over 7.0 in soil) anything out of the ranges listed will contribute to a
Calcium Deficiency.

Hydro and Soil less Mediums

Calcium gets locked out of Hydro and Soil less Mediums at ph levels of 2.0- 5.3
Calcium is absorbed best in Hydro and Soil less Mediums at ph levels of 5.4-5.8 (Wouldn’t recommend having a ph over 6.5 in hydro and soil less mediums.) Best range for hydro and soil less mediums is 5.0 to 6.0. Anything out of the ranges listed will contribute to a Calcium Deficiency.

Solution to fixing a Calcium deficiency
To fix a calcium deficiency you can treat by foliar feeding with one teaspoon of dolomite lime or Garden lime per quart of water, Or Any Chemical/Organic nutrients that have Calcium in them will fix a Calcium deficiency. (Only mixing at ½ strength when using chemical nutrients or it will cause nutrient burn!)
Or you can take crushed up dolomite lime or garden lime in a gallon of water and water it in the soil. 1 to 2 teaspoons per gallon of water, which will be slow acting. Garden Gypsum, which is medium absorption. Limestone, which is medium absorption, Rock Phosphate and Animal wastes which are both medium/slow absorption. Note: Caution when using gypsum to an already acid soil (pH that is less than 5.5) can have a very bad effect on different types of plants by effecting the absorption of soil aluminum, which is poison to plant roots.

Now if you added to much chemical nutrients and or organics, (which is hard to burn your plants when using organics) you need to flush the soil with plain water. You need to use 2 times as much water as the size of the pot, for example: If you have a 5 gallon pot and need to flush it, you need to use 10 gallons of water to rinse out the soil good enough to get rid of excessive nutrients.

Will

3 Likes

Will, thank you SO MUCH!!! That was amazing information! And thank you for the warm welcome!!! :blush: Off to treat my girls now!!!

Mrs Jensen,

You are very Welcome, we are all very happy that you choose ILGM.
I am sorry it took me so long to respond.
Please let me know if thee is anything else I can help you with and please keep us posted on the out come.

Will

1 Like

Thanks for putting answers for both soil and hydro, much appreicated