What is going on here why no frost yet?

Different strains, different genotypes, different phenotypes, or she could just be holding off. What strain?

2 Likes

ILGM Banana Kush

1 Like

Looks fairly early in flower by the pistils. Give her a couple weeks to start getting fat, I’m sure they’ll start popping.

1 Like

Thanks!! This is only like my 3rd grow and this was worrying me haha

2 Likes

Give them some time to grow, and please update us on what happens.

1 Like

Could be a late producer, my forbidden runtz didn’t start showing trichomes until 4-5 weeks into flower :pray:t2: She’ll pack on a lot more and produce trichomes soon I’m sure!

3 Likes

Absolutely

Here’s where we’re at today 8/20

2 Likes

Just finished a grow and it never had that “frost” I hope my next grow does!

1 Like

Is that an Autoflower?
I have seen a few autos that grow like that.

Yes it’s a ILGM Banana Kush auto,

2 Likes

Could just be a pheno thing bro

1 Like

If its like the others, and I had one myself a couple years ago, it will never make and real resin, frost, to speak of. It will continue to grow new flowers as long as you let it and it wont ever finish.
Mine grew 6 ft. tall and just kept on until I gave up at 17 weeks. Have seen a few more over the last couple months. I will try and find those threads.
And they are always autoflowers.

1 Like

These are the other 3 with it I don’t know what happened to that little scrawny one

1 Like

I split the stalk in hopes of shocking it into survival mode, also it’s in week 9

1 Like

I don’t know for sure this is the same as yours. But if it doesn’t show any resin soon you may have one like these. Something in the autoflower genes shows up on occasion and wont make trichomes.

1 Like

Currently have a Gnome Automatics Anvil that is doing this same thing. At ten weeks from sprout it has almost no trichomes and no odor. I thought I may have caused it by over defoliating or possible temp issues but the two other plants in the tent are doing fine. I’m a bit disappointed I was looking forward to this strain. I’ll have to run it again and see what happens.

2 Likes

It seems like several of them over the last few months here on the forum.
Mine was a couple years ago. I was stoked having such a huge plant then found it didnt have any resin on it. So bummed out when I finally chopped it.

2 Likes

I have a bk auto from ilgm going right now. Sprouted on 4/10 and still going. She is just about ready, but the buds are fluffy, soft buds. Tricombs didnt start showing til week 11 or 12. Sure does smell good. :v: outdoor grow

2 Likes