What is a good hygrometer

I certainly agree with that, I must admit that I drive my rH down to 25 - 30% for the last couple of weeks to help prevent mold and mildew. I have driven my rH too low too soon and caused some minor issues but that is much better than mold.

4 Likes

I had one bout of bud rot on my second grow: mid May with “May Grey” weather, higher temps and humidity and some rain IIRC. Plus I didn’t know what I was doing. I didn’t lose the crop but did lose some valuable WW tops and gained invaluable experience as a result.

Pests like caterpillars can introduce bud rot into the center of your flower too: nothing pisses me off like seeing a top go dead over night and pull it off to see a worm nestled there; high.

5 Likes

I am a bit squimish, finding a worm or something in my buds would make me ill. Arrrrghhhhh…

I hope to not have that nasty experience LOL

5 Likes

The main reason I got mold is I was gone for 3 days and got back and found out I was without power for 2 of the days and the humidity in the tents was at 99% so I see how having something I can look at on my phone would be very good

3 Likes

Besides all the mechanical and environmental ways of preventing bud rot, powdery mildew, etc, you can try preventing infestation by using mycorrizae as a foliar spray.

A lot of products have it as a component, or you could dilute some AN Piranha with ro/distilled water and spray away. You will definitely have to wash your buds if you spray at all into bloom.

I use those acurite hygrometers. One day, I’ll get fancy with one of those phone apps.

4 Likes

I must be honest. Had no idea what a hygrometer was before this convo. Thanks all. And good info :point_up:t5::point_up:t5::point_up:t5:

3 Likes

I bought these for my jars and they help a lot to keep the buds in the right cure zone TAIWEI 6 Pack Mini Small Digital Electronic Temperature Humidity Meters Gauge Indoor Thermometer Hygrometer LCD Display Fahrenheit (℉) for Humidors, Greenhouse, Garden, Cellar https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NSYQQGC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_Yy.sDbRH501CG

1 Like