What intensity should put my hlg 600 rspec?

I’m 36 days into growing blueberry muffin hydroponically. My 600 rspec is 24 inches from canopy at 70%. Any suggestions to when I should increase intensity. I think I would go 100% in flower, but I have a few more weeks before that.

do you have the app on your phone to test DLI or PPFD? i know theyre not 100% accurate but it helps

2 Likes

Yup i agree get the photone app. Its free it makes life alot easier. Just make sure u set amount of hours if going by dli. Basic rule of thumb is 300 ppfd for seedling, 600 ppfd for veg and a 1000 for flower. Some people do more depending on the plants and if they can handle it.

2 Likes

I start my babies at 10-12 dli and increase it every 3-4 days until i hit 60

2 Likes

I get this map using the android

app.
Both were taken in flower tent while moving recorder (phone) around canopy.

2 Likes

No, but I’ll check it out. Thanks

I got app. Ppfd was 180 and dli was 5.8. I’m at 70%. That’s seems real low. Should I bump it up to 80% or 90%? Plant is 38 days

Yup crank it up to 90% and lower the light to 16-18 inches from your plants

1 Like

Ok. I moved light down and increased to 90%. I have a ppfd of 309 and dli of 20.8. Better?

90% is only giving you 20.8dli???
I’m gonna guess and say your phone is not reading the app correctly.
I have the same hlg 600rspec, and 90% on the dimmer is screaming 60dli at 28/30" easily

1 Like

That’s what I got after I put “diffuser” in my phone. I’ll test it again. Thanks!

I’m getting 25 dli now and 434 ppfd w/ Photone app w/ diffuser. Height is 20 inches

That app is not reading right. Your about to fry your plants! Raise that light up some and back off the power. I have dual HLG 260 Rspec in my 3x3 tent that has slightly less power than your light and 24" at 50% on the dimmers puts me at 700 ppfd checked with a new Apogee MQ-510 checked against the clearskycalculator website. Most of those phone apps suck really back and are rarely accurate at all. I even bought the stupid photone and ran it in a iphone 13 Pro Max with several diff. diffusers and on a Sammy Ultra 22. Both out a min. of 200 ppfd. One phone read low the other high. Calibrated to the Apogee meter and checked with the clearskycalculator and worked great until you rebooted the phones. Back to being a plant killing tool.

2 Likes

Don’t forget to set the hours to match your light run time too. :v: :sunglasses: Makes a difference in DLI
Best setting is Direct Sun, I know you have a full spectrum LED but the Direct Sun.

2 Likes

Keep in mind it will help the longevity of your light to run it at lower watts and adjust by lowering it. Dont know if it will help but the 600 rspec has an slight click that you can feel when turning the light up. At that click its running about 480 watts at the wall. Growing in promix in a 4x4x7 tent i couldnt go over 480 watts without burning the ladies having the light as close to the plants as i dared to.

2 Likes

I wonder what your fan leaves look like right now. Any downward curling on edges, or sawtooth serrations? Did the heat spike?

Hlg’s suggestive settings (without taken heat/dli into account) for the 600rspec (not diablo)…
38" at
10%(60W) for seedlings; 32" at 50%(300W) and 18"-24" at 100% (600W).

2 Likes

I ended up lowering it back to 70%. I was too scared I would burn her. Height is 22 inches now too. Moved her from 24 to 20 w/ 90% intensity, but ended up putting light back to 70% and moving her up 2 inches. Trial and error as I’m learning

1 Like

She looks ok to me, but it’s my first grow so…

1 Like

Where are you getting this info for hlg 600 rspec? I can’t find any height guidance for that light. The Manuel doesn’t mention anything about intensity like that. Please guide me to where I can get more information about this light. I greatly appreciate all your help!

1 Like