What if my seeds don't crack?

So I have had no luck with Big Bud seeds. I got 5 in a mix pack and with 4 of them I had no luck with in the water and one I just put in the dirt, that one grew. ILMG sent 5 more and I have been soaking them for about 24 hours and no luck. should I go another day and see what happens or should I plant them and see what happens?

1 Like

I’d put them in a damp paper towel inside a baggie. Then put them in the dark closet. You should have tails the next day. Works for me.@dave68

3 Likes

Soak for 24 hrs. hopefully the seeds will drop to the bottom. If not poke it and it should go down. Next put them inside a damp not soaked paper towel. I fold the towel then put in the seeds, fold the paper towel to contain the seed. Put this into a zip lock and seal it. Now just put into a warm spot. I usually use the cabinet over the fiidge for 48 -72 hrs. This is the results I get every time. The bigger the seed the better.

4 Likes

Are you keeping the seeds warm? Keep them in the water for another day, and put the glass some place warm like the top of the cable box, or refrigerator. That should crack them open, then plant in your medium.

3 Likes

Everyone has their own method but 24 to 48 hrs is ok for the seed to sit in water. You can also place a teaspoon of h2o2 in your water that helps soften the shell. If it still has not cracked then go into paper towel for another 24 to 48 hrs keep that paper towel moist and warm. If they still haven’t cracked then I would plant them and see what happens

2 Likes

You can leave the seed in water up to 5 days I think

1 Like

I got a $26 heat mat with temp controller. Seeds all pop when they get a 24 bath then dropped in rockwool in a humidity dome . All the plants start out running now and look much better than when I was trying to find a warm place to germinate them.
At over $10 a pop for seeds and faster starting plants it pays for its self fast. Haven’t had a non-germinator since.

1 Like