What if electricity goes out?

A really bad storm is on it’s way here and I’m using DWC to grow. I have to keep the pump running for oxygen and I don’t have a back up generator nor a “Flintstone Car” to peddle 'til power comes back on. Is there anything I can do? 2 White Widows in flower - Help!!!

1 Like

Dang. I hope you don’t lose power! I grow in soil so have no advice.

1 Like

I also grow in soil but I have a generator. do you have an inverter to plug in your cigarette lighter? if so you can plug it in your car? they do make inverters that hook up to car batteries.

2 Likes

We had a bad ice storm last year that knocked out our power for 6 days I had 8 plants in rdwc and over than slowed growth and them trying to start flowering they did fine.

2 Likes

You might want to check your local pet stores for a portable aerator that take batteries.good luck

5 Likes

Great advice. Petsmart sells one for $15.

6 Likes

Could go real low tech. Pull some of your water out into a gallon jug, about 3/4 full and shake the living crap out of it for a few minutes. Adds oxygen back into the water. Do a few gallons or more depending on how big your setup is every 6-8 hrs and should have sufficient oxygen.

3 Likes

Genius!!! So 1 for each plant?

1 Like

Now that’s what I’m talking about and I will lose weight at the same time :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Ha ha ha! Gonna have the forearms of a 15 year old boy by the time the storm is over!

1 Like

I would do 1 per res unless you’re using an extremely large container for res. Like if you had 2 plants on one 27 gallon tote or something, then maybe put 2 in there. Otherwise 1 should be enough. You’re just looking to weather a storm so it doesn’t have to be perfect.

3 Likes

Add music (got batteries for that) to dance in between shifts. Are you a fitness trainer? I love it :heart:

1 Like

I’ll get 1 for each plant because they are really big. Thank you so much

1 Like

Still better than those shake weights!!!
Nope, I can’t even lift 35lbs right now, doubt they would let me in a gym. :joy:

1 Like

Probably could be good for 6-8 hours without a pump going if water Temps are like 68-72.

If you’re out longer than that you can add small amount of h202 every 3 ish hours.

:astonished: Just checked on ww grown in hydroponics and in flower. All leaves are drooping. Ph is 5.9, Temp 78, Humidity 40. I fed yesterday so I’m guessing it has something to do with that. Maybe I screwed up??? Flush??

NOW WTF?!?! IN LESS THAN 12 HRS

Go to Walmart to pick up a battery operated air pump

Is 78 your res temp?

That’s not a bad idea.