What have I done?

USA. My mother was born in Glasgow.

I still have lots of family in Scotland I’m very close with.

I do like Spey whiskies.

Only ones I avoid are heavy peated ie lagavulen, talisker…

1 Like

Damn you guys are making me thirsty!

:beers::beers::beer:

2 Likes

Welcome to your new addiction! While smoking cannabis is not addictive, growing it is. Best advice- Read. Read everything you can about growing indoors (even if not cannabis-specific) and get a feel for your plants by making mistakes and adjusting (inevitable). I used to grow bonsai, which are fantastic but challenging, and I came across a saying among Japanese growers “It takes 2 years to learn how to water a bonsai”. Well, that turned out to be true. Cannabis is a bit more forgiving, but experience truly is the best teacher. Keep at it.

2 Likes

I’m with you there. Not a fan of the Islay whiskies either too heavy on the peat for me as well

1 Like

18 year Glengoyne is my choice.

This is actually your best choice if cannabis-optimized soil isn’t available.

You are showing signs of nute burn so would suggest you discontinue feeding supplements until you purchase a decent digital PH and TDS meter. Stay away from the soil probe type meters as they are worthless.

The seed you used was likely off of a plant that hermie’d which tends to carry the trait into it’s offspring. This is a good reason to purchase seeds from a reputable seed source. May have had nothing to do with your setup or any light leaks that may have occurred.

@Dawnrader and @Davyg: if you want to get together to trade equipment, I can set you both up for a P.M. to be able to discuss it offline. A Mod will have to be copied in and you will need to stay within the scope of the P.M. but we can set you up.

2 Likes

Agree. Some islay are nice but a lot are heavy.

1 Like

Another great whisky!

1 Like

Glengoyne is another favourite, I’m torn between the 12 and the 18 :thinking:.
@Myfriendis410 much appreciated, I will leave the offer out there for Dawnrader. People get twitchy and understandably so. If they’re near then they can have my new HID gear which includes cool tube type hood, ballast, bulbs and a few seeds. Don’t want anything for them, just be nice to help a fellow grower out :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Lovely country: we enjoyed our stay and the hospitality! On our last night in Edinburgh we hit a pub down the street from the hotel. While getting refills at the bar the bartender asked me where I was from and ended in me showing the entire bar staff a couple of hundred pictures of different plants I grew in SoCal haha! They were mind-blown!

3 Likes

Finally managed to get some photos in white light, I hope they are clear enough

@Davyg I’m in Glasgow, so not all that far away, I actually have a mate that’s through there 3 nights a week (working), I’m sure I could get to you one way or other.
I blew out all my messaging privileges last night so i’ve been saving it up all day!
I’m not the twitchy sort :smiley:

On the Whisky chat… Highland Park is a great choice, Jura is pretty tasty too! My favourite was a 22yo Port Ellen (like hens teeth) the rest of Islay malts are like licking the back of the fireplace !!

@plumbdand Trying to get those nanners for you… !

264169464_413967933738097_2361381668233561537_n
265502539_476963914037062_467894745181928127_n
265771181_4513765725359140_3979309318640688359_n
266034097_232556219014424_8029611160054207889_n
266250405_1091362558280599_2084324519602100308_n

1 Like

If there’s just a few you can clip them off unless they’ve already opened. Careful not to pop them open when you clip them.
The seed you planted most likely came from a Hermie and that trait carried over it doesn’t always but that’s a chance you take planting unknown seeds. That being said if I had some super killer bud and found a seed I’d plant it. Hermie’s be damned

1 Like

Yes it is. Forgot all about jura.

Now I need to find me a bottle :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

I have a Jura sitting just now :heart_eyes:. I will have a look at my hoods and get pictures to you. I have two different styles, both are cool tubes as well. I also have a new 600w Metal Halide bulb for veg. Just let me know what you want and I will get them to you

1 Like

That’s if you want @Dawnrader. I’ve just jumped in and assumed you needed kit :scream::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::rofl::rofl:

You would be horrified if you saw what I was working with :joy:

I can at least confirm it’s smokable (stole a bud or 2 to try out) can’t wait for it to be done, I want to start again!

I’ll go and measure the space I have and you can let me know what will fit.

Happily take some kit off your hands :blush:

You should’ve seen my first grow :face_with_hand_over_mouth::man_facepalming::ghost::ghost:.
I truly was a horticultural assassin :man_facepalming::face_with_hand_over_mouth::face_with_hand_over_mouth::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Hello @Dawnrader, finally remembered about that kit. I have two lights here plus ballasts and bulbs if you want them. The bulbs are HPS and 1 metal halide