What have I done?

Hey everyone!

Long time lurker here in need of a bit of help.

I have a plant, she’s flowering but I have a horrible feeling she’s a hermie :sleepy:

Anyway, I have issues with my leaves, I’m hopefully going to add a couple of photos.

My plant is my first ever, shes been badly grown on my window ledge during the Scottish autumn, I eventually bought a 300w light from ebay as I could see she was struggling, this is week 3 under the lights but its started to get brown spots on it and I dont know what’s causing it. I suspect calcium but I’m no expert.

The seed is of unknown strain, it was tomato compost I used, I’ve been feeding it generic plant food… I did tell you it was badly grown! I’m amazed it’s got his far!

I germinated a seed and really wasnt prepared!

At this point I just want to see it through, purely experimental now, remember the first pancake is never the best!

Dawn x

I definitely see burnt tips which usually means too much nitrogen. Do you have a pH meter?

No, stupidity made me grow a seed…

I have no equipment other than a light, I’m off to Google ph meters!

This plant was a whim, I’m going to do it properly next time.

1 Like

Looks like phosphorus or calcium deficiency…

Copy and Fill out this support ticket as best you can*

Strain; Type, Bag Seed, Or Na

Soil In Pots, Hydroponic, Or Coco?

System Type?

Ph Of Runoff Or Solution In Reservoir?

What Is Strength Of Nutrient Mix? Ec, Or Tds

Indoor Or Outdoor

Light System, Size?

Temps; Day, Night

Humidity; Day, Night

Ventilation System; Yes, No, Size

Ac, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

Co2; Yes, No

Add Anything Else You Feel Would Help Us Give You A Most Informed Answer. Feel Free To Elaborate, But Short, To The Point

Strain; Unknown, home grown

Soil In Pots Tomato soil

System Type? I don’t know what that means

Ph Of Runoff Or Solution In Reservoir? Unknown

What Is Strength Of Nutrient Mix? Half of what it says on the generic plant food

Indoor Or Outdoor: Indoor

Light System, Size? 300W LED generic ebay buy

Temps; Day, Night: Unknown, 21 Degrees room temp

Humidity; Day, Night Unknown

Ventilation System; None

Ac, Humidifier, De-humidifier: None

Co2; No

Just had a better look at it and it’s definitely got bananas, my cat got into the cupboard and let light in, I had no idea it would do that to the plant. Lesson learned.

Tips would be amazing if this was to happen to me again.

Well you have a light. You have a plant. You are now one of us. You have crossed to the dark side padewan. Dont give up. Imagine what you can grow when really trying. Not sure what you can do with the girl but soldier on if dont mind a seed or 2 or pull her a bit early. You see how hardy the plants are. Calmag and some molasses and find out your ph. Now is a great time for observation for the next grow. We all know another will be done now…:grin:

8 Likes

Where’s the nanners

Can you give a pic with natural light? A bloom booster is good I think right now. I use flower fuel. Not crazy but p/k is necessary now. Just my thoughts. I try to keep it simple.

Absolutely on the money!

I can’t believe the thing has managed to get to this point, I am astounded at the the thing grew in the first place, it’s probably got to be the oldest green plant on record!

What’s the best thing to do now I know it’s a hermie? pull it up and dry what’s there? or let it do it’s thing?

I’ll get on to ebay/amazon for a ph meter, start looking at proper soils, and start light proofing/cat proofing my space.

I’m ready to get better!

2 Likes

I’ll need to do it in the morning, I’m on a 12/12 cycle at the moment, would really like to get the most out of it… Want to try and get a bit to the seed owner, he says it couldn’t be done!

Here is tough. Dropped a bean in. Alaskan purple. Was working around it and knocked it over. WHERE IS THE SEED? Screw it just dumped dirt back in and forgot it. Looked this morning…lol. Just never know. Sometimes they just wanna live.

5 Likes

Pics without ur light would be good

Whereabouts in Scotland are you @Dawnrader. I have loads of stuff here you could have for free if you’re near Edinburgh. Don’t give your location away though, just a generalised idea of what county you were in

3 Likes

And swing by the whisky exchange and get me a 30 year old balvenie please :wink:

2 Likes

Nice choice, I have some nice whisky here :heart_eyes:. Favourite of mine is the Glenfarclas 12yr old :drooling_face:

1 Like

I have 21yr old Glenfiddich there and jeez it’s nice

1 Like

Nice. Been to glenfarclas distillery.

I go to Glasgow a lot. West end.

Visit as many distilleries as possible when I’m there.

1 Like

Just finished a nice highland park :tumbler_glass:

2 Likes

Orkneys are nice. I like a nice Speyside as well. Another one to look for is the Mortlach, you will not be disappointed there :heart_eyes:

I take it you’re this side of the pond :thinking:

Welcome to the community!

You grew a nice plant with basically 0 equipment or experience in a cupboard! Even if it doesn’t get huge, produce a ton, or herms, you will be light years or parsecs ahead @Storm lol of where you were when you dropped that seed!

If you haven’t named it yet, could go with some funny version of Harry POT-ter!

1 Like