What happens if I go to 12/12 too soon?

Hello everyone. I have a question. I started 6 seeds. 2 didn’t sprout so I tried 2 more and was successful. Now they are basically 10 days apart from the other 4 plants. now I’m nearing the point to flip to 12/12 because my oldest is 50 days old and nearing half of my desired height. My question is: will the flip hurt the 2 youngest plants much? Or will they just be smaller.
I’m growing in super soil in a 4x8 tent. I’d appreciate any advice. Or just tell me I’m over thinking it. Thanks in advance

1 Like

I have a gorilla glue plant I put into veg way after my girl scout. I have both on a 12/12 right now and the GG is holding her own. She just got her first stigma today and through stretch is almost a foot so to answer your question no it won’t hurt it

One thing I have started doing is adding a few extra seeds to germinate this way you have extra Plants instead of germinating A few more seeds a week or 2 or 3 later and then you have different size plants like in your situation.

3 Likes

Sincitytoker that is a good idea. I just didn’t want to waste any seeds.

1 Like

@detroitpwp3
I feel you with the seeds
Unfortunately that is one of the falls from not knowing what your going to get when you germinate seeds.
I usually plants an extra seed or two per every 3-4 seeds I germinate just in case.
But if you don’t mind different size plants then you can germinate as you need .
At the end of the day you can do what ever works for you lol.

@Sincitytoker yeah this my second grow. Im definitely seeing that everyone does it there own way lol

1 Like

Nothing different will happen. Older plants are likely a little bigger. But all should be mature enough to go into flower.

1 Like

Ive been trying to get a schedule of 2 plants out 2 pkants in. One room to veg and autos and one flower room for photos. So far ok my timing is off due to getting bad batch of fem seeds that turned out to be male plants so now went from 2 or 3 plants a month to 2 every month and a half to 2 months lol.

Your yields will be a lot higher if you let them veg longer.

@Mark0427 yeah thats the goal to eventually get 2 tents so I don’t have to worry about this. And @Dino1 I will let them veg a little longer but I only have the one tent and the oldest plants are approaching half of the maximum height

1 Like

Supercrop the tall one.

So where abouts detroit r u. Im near macomb michigan

I haven’t tried supercropping before. But it sounds like a good idea. I’m in the downriver area @Mark0427. Nice to meet another michigander. Thanks for the help

1 Like

Well im here if needed. Man the michigan crew is slowly building lol