What happened here?

This plant looked great until I put it in flower. I am using deep cell with General Hydroponics for nutrients.

1 Like

What is your Ph what are your ppm or what is your nutrient schedule @dave68

1 Like

If you can fill out those ticket. I’m with @Gardenguy, your plant is struggling to eat because of ppm and or ph issues. In my first grow like you everything looked good until flowering

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA:

Age from sprout:
Age from flower:

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?

How often do I water and how do I determine when to water:

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS.

Indoor or Outdoor:

Room size:

Light system, size, height from plants:

Temps; Day, Night:

Humidity; Day, Night:

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size:

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier:

Co2; Yes, No:

Any other info you think

2 Likes

Ph is 6.4
Not sure what you mean by ppm
I have no feeding schedule. I mix all the nutrients at once to the amount of water in the bucket.

@dave68 Have you been checking the Parts Per Million (PPM) A ppm meter checks the dissolved solids in your water. If you are just adding nutes to water by simply going by the instructions on the bottle then I would say there lies the problem.

If you could fill out the support ticket and get a PH meter if you don’t have one, and a ppm meter. Folks can probably help you out before it’s too late.

1 Like

@dave68 ph of 5.8 is the sweet spot are u doing dwc? Do u change the water every feeding or just keep topping up the water with pre mixed nutes? Salt levels will start building up. U should invest in a ec or ppm pen it measures ur nutrient levels

1 Like

@dave68 are you using Flora trio (micro,grow,bloom) if so how much of each ? What week of flower? Ppm refers to ec/TDS . pH should be at 5.8

1 Like

By deep cell you mean deep water culture? I would agree your ph is too high if that’s the case.

2 Likes

I have ordered a ph and ppm meter. All I have right now is swimming pool test strips where the lowest ph is 6.4. I have not changed the water, but did last night for the first time. This plant was a very healthy sherbet cookies clone about 2 feet tall. Kept it in veg for another two weeks, it’s been in flower for about 4 weeks. 2x4 foot tent with two led grow lights 1000 watts each pulling 300 watts combined from the wall. I have a fan blowing in from outside the tent.

How are your roots doing ? Just to cover other possible issues I noticed that you used a white bucket which can allow light in. that can in turn cause root rot

1 Like

Checked my roots and they look bad, all clumped up and come apart when I touched them. Maybe this plant is a lost cause. I will get black buckets asap.

Well dam! I was hoping that was not the problem if you have a hydroponics shop close I would also pick up hydroguard . That said it’s never a lost cause until it is lost they can bounce back from a lot

1 Like

What should the ppm be?

At 4 weeks into flower I use 1tsp micro, 1 half tsp grow ,and 1and a half tsp bloom in 1 gal of my tap water I would be around 800. I use r/o normally and add Cal/mag ,hydroguard and mammoth p also

1 Like

I use General Hydroponics Maxigro and maxibloom. Right now I am using maxibloom only.

Ok how much are you using per gallon?

just under 2 teaspoons. It calls for 1-2 teaspoons per gallon.

It seems like it is presenting like a deficiency. if your roots have root rot getting a black bucket and hydroguard should fix that issue and a pH meter so you can get your pH dialed in are the two things you need to address asap I have looked at the feed charts for those nutrients and what you are feeding should be ok ppm wise but you will probably want to get a TDS/EC meter sooner than later just to be sure @dave68

Hey @dave68 here is a link from another thread you might find helpful about hydro.

You might want to inquire info if you need it from @BigDaddyCain. Here is his journal where you might also find some helpful info: The grow has begun all are welcome to follow - #182 by DoobieNoobie
BigDaddyCain hope you didn’t mind me sharing your grow.

Dave good luck with everything! :sunglasses:

I agree, you need a TDS meter to see how much they’re eating. I’m half blind and forgetful, but I didn’t see any mention of watering vs feeding. Do you feed every time? Or give just water in between?

edit: I see it’s DWC…disregard, but you still need a TDS meter :stuck_out_tongue: