What happened any thoughts

@highcountrygal Morning, I agree I have spent many a seasons down there and have seen 127 degree day time temps. Some days we would have to put our tools in a bucket of water to keep them cool enough to use during the day. Made lots of $$$$ down there both in the Gypsum Plant and the Geo-thermal power plant. And talk about plants loving the sunshine. I was there one spring and they were growing corn I was there three months the corn were seedlings when we got there and they were harvesting it before we left. Talk about super grow. They were pumping hydrogenated ammonia into the canals to feed their crops.

Wikipedia description for Hydrogenated Ammonia:

Ammonia (NH3) is the foundation for the nitrogen (N) fertilizer industry. It can be directly applied to soil as a plant nutrient or converted into a variety of common N fertilizers, … In the early 1900s, the process for combining N2 and hydrogen (H2) under conditions of high temperature and pressure was developed.
Just a fun fact!

2 Likes

@smitty87 Oh I am a fun fact junkie! Bring um on!:slight_smile: We (my X and I) used to show our goats down that a way. Mid winter county fair.

@highcountrygal I went there several times during the years/months that I spent there to break up the monotony of the 12 hour 7 days a week work days.

1 Like

Oh we have more in common than a Purple Dragon! Early 80’s. Did you ever stop at Naugles for a burger?

1 Like

@highcountrygal Not in El Centro but had one in the Del Rosa area and was a regular patron. Midnight munchies LOL

1 Like