What happened any thoughts

This happened overnight I suspect sabotage. Any thoughts?

2 Likes

Did it look normal yesterday ?
Soil looks wet in pots did you water or feed recently ?
Sorry buddy that stinks @smitty87 and welcome to the forum

Yesterday they were full and beautiful and today this. I monitor the watering with a meter and keep the soil moist. I just misted the soil this morning thats why the soil looks moist.

Is this outside? Did it rain last night? The only time I’ve seen something like this is in my garden where a big, beautiful Japanese willow got suffocated from too much rain and the pot it was in was clogged and couldn’t drain. It died overnight.

I moved them outside this morning for the pics. They usually are inside under lights and when it is at least 70 degrees I move them outside for the sunshine. Today it is cloudy and might rain so they will stay inside under the lights.

I see, then I have no idea. I’m sorry, that truly sucks.

The reason I suspect something strange is how white the leaves and stems are almost like they were bleached

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t blame you, plants don’t just die overnight for no reason. Who would want to do such a thing?

Learning to take, head up and try again, do not give up

Maybe an error with the municipal water district?

1 Like

Oh, wow, really? Well, it’s a terrible, nasty thing to do, but don’t be too hard on her.

1 Like

I’m really not sure what happened to the plants. Thats why I am here asking for any thoughts

Dont know what happened. It Sux though & looks like sabotage if they were healthy day before. Nothing that severe would happen in 1 day. So sorry for your loss.

1 Like

Yeah, I agree, there’s just nothing that could kill a plant that quickly. At least, nothing I can think of.

1 Like

@smitty87 Have you actually felt around the root system for wetness. Sometimes when watering if it runs out the bottom we think it’s been watered, and not always can you tell by the weight ie heavy, must have water. To me it looks like the roots have been dried out and died. I think differently than the ‘normals’ so I may be way off, check anyway it could turn into a valuable lesson. Another member just had the same thing happen but didn’t lose the plant. @Happy_Pappy

1 Like

That blows. Looks like they set in the desert for a week. See if you can smell anything suspicious in the soil.

2 Likes

Nothing that I can detect by smell however the ph went from 6.5 to 3.2 overnight. Something strange happened but can’t put my finger on it.

1 Like

Yes I did and the soil was moist to the touch and the meter that I use to monitor the moisture in the soil read that it was in the moist area of the meter.

I would like to thank all of for the input. Still trying to figure this issue out. I was wondering if it could something that the city put in the municipal water system. I use tap water to care for these plants and never before this have I had any problems. But think that maybe that could have been the culprit. Before using the tap water I let it stand out in a bucket in the shade for at least a day before using it. Any thoughts?

Thank You

1 Like

Thank you for the response I am at a loss trying to figure this thing out.

1 Like