What going on with my girl!? Help!

@Graysin @HappyHydroGrower hey y’all! My girl has been good until that past few days. I don’t know what’s going on with her. Her leaf coloring is showing something. My ph has been dropping, but I keep it around 5.8-5.9. My ec is 1.9 and Ppm is 916. She is blueberry muffin and is in week 4 of flower. Any suggestions? I did add 1/2 gallon of ro no nutes in case it was nute burn. Let me know what you think

2 Likes

Your ph should be 6.5 ish

Hydro is 5.5-6.5

1 Like

You got to feed them. During flower they eat like starved children.

So you think not enough nutes???

916 ppm before or after factoring in your water (are you using tap or RO or distilled?)

I agree she looks hungry. My gut is CalMag, probably P and/or K, but I need more info.

What are you feeding her and how much?

Ec 1.9 and ppm 916 after putting plain ro water cause I thought she had nute burn. I’m using general hydroponic with 5ml micro, no gro and 7.5 ml bloom each per gallon. 6 ml cal mag and 2ml hydroguard per gallon

1 Like

@NUG61 you got any advise… haha… for a GH grower. NUG is very experienced with GH.

Have you checked your pH meter lately?
They will get out of wack quick during flower.

:+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks for tagging someone for help! I calibrate my ph pen every 3 days or so. I definitely experience fluctuations in the later parts of the week a few days before a water change

2 Likes

Hello @JoGro , lets see if i can help. I can tell you how i use GH nutes and see what you think. :sunglasses: :peace_symbol:

1 Like

@JoGro i use the Lucas calculator to break down my nute mixture for whatever ppm target i am shooting for. I think for week 4 of flower you should be at 6.3ph and 900/1000ppm, or whatever she is eating at and adjust to there. How many gallons of water in you res.?

1 Like

@NUG61 I use a recirculating recipe since that’s the type of system I have. It has been working out nicely, with a few hiccups. I’m in hydro so should the ph be that high in flower? This is my first successful grow so I’m still learning and I appreciate you taking the time to help. I’m in a 4x4 tent with 4 -3.5 gallon buckets and I use 6 gallons for the whole system with one plant in it

2 Likes

You are welcome, i hope i can. So in flower i start at 6.0 and work up 1/10 each week until 6.4 and then work back down 1/10 each week till harvest or 5.85. As far as ppms i let the plant tell me how much it can take and set my ppm target for that area. I feed once a week and refill with water and hydro guard only, unless the ppm drops about 300ppm below my target and then i will bump it up when i refill using the calculator. I am in single feed totes, so i treat and feed each plant individually. Have you ever heard of the Lucas calculator?

3 Likes

Ok so gradually increase ph. She generally liked a ppm of high 800s-low 900s, but that’s what’s she reading and her leaves are changing colors. Any other suggestions besides ph and keeping her Pom at what she likes. And I never heard of a Lucas calculator. I’ll Google that in a bit. Once I get more than one plant, they will be fed together because it’s a recirculating system thank you

2 Likes

I say yes lets bump the ph up and see what she does. I assume she is drinking regularly.

Ok. I’m going to try it. I greatly appreciate your time and info. Yes, she loves to drink!

1 Like

I tagged you in my journal, set it to watching so you can get back to it. Google Lucas formula hacking the grow. They have a feeding chart but i set my own targets and use the calculator to add my micro and bloom, after ive added calmag, sweetner, kool bloom, i put that total ppm in the calculator and it tells me how much micro and bloom to put in.

3 Likes

Much appreciated! I will look in Lucas calculator and I’m sure I’ll come back with questions :crazy_face:. Thanks again for the advice

2 Likes

Your welcome friend :sunglasses: :peace_symbol:

2 Likes

@NUG61 @HappyHydroGrower @Graysin I have been keeping her ph around 6, slowly increasing it. Her Ppm is at 1028. Ec is 2.1. I’m about to change her water though. Ppm and ec jumped up a bit since Friday. Any suggestions as I am going to change water. I’m doing general hydroponics and my recipe calls for 5 ml of micro and 7.5 ml bloom for each gallon and no gro. I add 6 ml cal mag and 2ml hydroguard per gallon. Should I be doing something else!? She does not look good to me! Help!

1 Like