What fabric pots do you use?

I’m looking into purchasing 7gal fabric pots with pot elevators.

There are dozens of brands on amazon. All with great reviews. I’m guessing it’s the same deal as the blurple lights. Every blurple light has great reviews but it’s ultimately junk.

What brand pot do you use? Pros and cons?

1 Like

I’ve tried quite a few brands and found only one that I really like - Common Culture. I get them from growershouse. I like them because of their thickness - they hold their round shape when the root ball is small (and thus the dirt is loose) and when I pick them up. They come in tan color for outdoor growing, too.
I was really disappointed by the Root Pouch brand and how thin/flimsy they were. They are a well known brand and since they have handles I presumed they would handle being lifted and moved without distortion - I was incorrect.

2 Likes

I used Vivosun for the last few grows, no complaints.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00TF9E9PY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And don’t buy the pot elevators from amazon, much cheaper elsewhere, I got mine from BGHydro for like $2 each.

3 Likes

I use Vivosun as well and also buy accessories from BGhydro as Hellraiser does.

3 Likes

Vivosun 15 gallon fabric pots. :+1:

2 Likes

Order Amazon Prime, free shipping… And as long as the bags are, Aeration Fabric Pots, it should not matter the name brand, unless one brand is better for vegitative type plants. I went with JES&MEDIS 12-Pack 3 Gallon Plant Grow Bags, Thick Aeration Fabric Flower Vegetable Pots. Amazon Prime $18.18¢ total.
https://www.amazon.com/JES-MEDIS-Aeration-Vegetable-Container/dp/B07Y7W7YKS/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=JES%26MEDIS+12-Pack+3+Gallon+Plant+Grow+Bags%2C+Thick+Aeration+Fabric+Flower+Vegetable+Pots&qid=1592426962&refinements=p_85%3A2470955011&rnid=2470954011&rps=1&sr=8-3

1 Like

BGHydro… that’s a new website for me. Thanks!

2 Likes

I can vouch for Vivosun, but outdoors use tan color.

3 Likes

A while back I posted the topic [Root Mass Just a Curiosity?](Root Mass Just a Curiosity?
In it I compared the root mass of 3 plants I harvested using 3 gallon vivisun and smart pot bags.
The feel and texture of the smart pot is noticeably different than vivisun (I think it allows for more air). My vote is for smart pot

2 Likes

But please somebody correct me if I’m wrong in my choice, because I’m still on a refresher course here, after 26 years out of business. Well I’ve already ordered mine. so I guess I’ll make do with them for now, we see how it goes.

2 Likes

I’d like to see a grow journal where someone buys one of each size and grows identical stain each ones as a matter of comparison.

https://www.amazon.com/GreenHouser-Gallon-Handles-Aeration-Hydroponic/dp/B07HCC253N/ref=sr_1_10?dchild=1&keywords=Fabric+pots+tan&qid=1592440325&s=lawn-garden&sr=1-10

Money would be an issue and time doing it. Besides, over 5 gallon is not needed. The more grow room you have in the pot, the bigger the trees going to be.

1 Like

Heck yeah! You should see pics from @Big123 ‘s grow!

1 Like

When you tag somebody, @name, that’s not a link to their page, that’s just a way to tell them that you made a comment about them.

1 Like

Vivosun with the risers and zero complaints. There are some out there with velcro for easy transplanting.

2 Likes

I find there’s alot that are similar because they all use the same material. I worked for a name brand manufacturer but when we switched to the off brand, we literally just changed the labels same exact product you just pay more for the name brand to pay for the marketing

1 Like