What equipment do I need

Can someone tell me all of the tools i need for growin 2 personal plants, indoors, using the soil method, and would like to use the 2x2 tent. What do you suggest?

4 Likes

I would suggest you look at an AC Infinity tent kit if going with a 2x2 get one taller than 4 feet then you’ll need a PH and PPM meter. That’s a start

4 Likes

Are you wanting a 2x2 because of physical space constraints or because you think it is big enough to grow 2 plants? A 2x4 is much better suited to grow 2 plants than a 2x2. I think you have more and better light options too.

10 Likes

Welcome to the community.
2x2 is small, i use my 2x2 for seedlings.

5 Likes

I would suggest a 2 x 4 for 2 plants. I have a 2 x 2 x 4 for vegging and tried a single plant grow and she definitely needed more space. You can train cannabis plants to grow in small spaces but would suggest getting a few grows under your belt before trying some of these techniques :love_you_gesture:

List of things needed:
-a good cannabis friendly soil, Coast of Main, Fox Farm make great amended mediums.
-PH and TDS pen. These 2 are critical for a successful grow. You’ll need both for mixing nutrients and testing the run off.
-exhaust, circulating and intake fans
-quality line of nutrients and suggest Jacks 321
-a good quality light and suggest HLG or Kind

8 Likes

Welcome
You have came to the right place, I see you been given some direction. My tents a little bigger than that. I do have a veg closet so I can separate that process. Knowing which direction Autos for 3-4 grows per cycle or Photos that can grow alot longer and if not trained can push past lights. There is so much to it than just throwing a seed in the ground. I have only been growing since 8/21 and have already learned so much from my mistakes. Always service with a smile on here. May the force be with you. Good luck Growmie.

6 Likes

Welcome to the community , I recommend a 2x4 tent for two plants Also buy the tallest tent your space will accommodate To avoid having a problem hanging lights an fans and still have room for growth of plants. Just my thoughts good luck my friend .:v::+1:

5 Likes

You’ll see it doesn’t take long to be involved. LOL

8 Likes

With a 2x2 you will quickly wish you invested in a 2x4 but comes down to space you have for the tent . 2x2 is geared mainly for 1 plant yes 2 can be done but by the time you add oscillating clip fan. Humidifier or dehumidifier grow light you will find that tent to fill quickly. I suggest 2x4 for two plants.
Basic things needed good full spectrum grow light with uv and ir. Oscillating clip fan, humidifier/dehumidifier in-line exhaust fan or if smell is concern then a carbon filter. And of course your choice of grow method soil coco or hydro. Then you will need good nutrients. A lot of great information on this site along with a lot of helpful people. Welcome aboard and happy growing

5 Likes

My personal opinion is the SF2000 with 200 watts is undersized for a 2x4 tent. That is only 25 watts per sq ft. Ideally I’d want a light in the 300 - 330 range that has better coverage wall to wall.
6’ 5" is a decent tent height. The lights, fan and filter, along with pots and risers all take space. The fan and filter can be set up outside the tent which will free up space. I have a seven foot 3x3 gorilla tent with its fan and filter set up outside the tent. Quite often I do not have much room left over. A lot of that is style of how I grow. This plant is about 36" from the bottom of the pot to the tallest colas.

@

The go to light for a 2x4 is HLG 350r. Another that is getting some buzz but I don’t know of any forum members using it is Grow Light Science Progrow 320.
I think @OGIncognito and @MeEasy have 2x4s. Maybe they have light recommendations or something to add about 2x4 tents.

3 Likes

What size fan, and do I need one or two? Is there a size for the dehumidifier and humidifier?

1 Like

6” oscillating clip pole fan , 4” inline fan , carbon filter if you’re worried about smell. Far as humidifiers and dehumidifier goes just look for a humidifier with a decent size tank and preferably top filling. Makes it easier. Dehumidifier just need one again with decent size tank… also make sure humidifier can go to 80 or 90% rh not all humidifiers can. Also make sure dehumidifier can go to 40 % or lower rh

2 Likes

Like the others said if you can go with a bigger tent you’ll be better off I have 4 tents 2 2x2x4 a 2x4 and a 3x3 as most everyone said a2x2 is small I have grown 2 autos but I wouldn’t attempt 2 photos. 2x4 is a great size very easy to work on your plants but the 3x3 even it’s only 1 square foot bigger seems like a lot more. The reason I suggested a AC Infinity tent kit is because of the quality of the components you get and you get everything you need just add soil and seeds the only problem with kits is the light is always the minimum size so upgrading is something you’ll want to do in the future. But that’s not a big deal the new lights can be daisy chained so you can just add a second light. Use code Mrgrowit15 will get you 15 percent off

2 Likes

For size reference this is one plant in a 3x3.

5 Likes

The plant in post #11 is also in a 3x3. I used to always do four plants. I found I have more fun filling it up with one plant.

3 Likes

The difference between a 3x3 and a 2x2

10 Likes

I would recommend a 2x4 tent… And an HLG 350 for your light.
6" ventilation and carbon filter… A humidifier cool mist, depending on your climate a small oil filled radiator. Oscillating clip fans. Inkbird humidity and temperature controllers to control your vpd. Light timer. A phone app or quantum meter for checking dli… pH meter and ppm meter.

Roots organics original soil… It’s awesome never get gnats… So far.

I use a dehumidifier in my room… As I cannot vent to outside.

3 Likes

20221107_085412

2 Likes

Thanks and HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!

LaTonya Tucker
latonyatucker0@aol.com

1 Like

I started back when the world was flat.
1974 seeds and dirt was so easy, but never grew a harvest.
Now with internet, Technology of Grow Theory, support equipment available for sale and this forum.
We can go to the moon and back.
PHD available from colleges, truly amazing what learning is available.
Good growing to you.

@dirtydave awesome visual for size does matter. Closets or large spaces, sure make a difference.

@beardless " I used to always do four plants. I found I have more fun filling it up with one plant."

So I too, am believing that fewer is better. The ladies are so competitive for space and so jealous of my time.

3 Likes