What else can I do chasing terps

I made me 1 small space under 5sq feet. I wanted to give a couple of plants best conditions I could give. Temps never been above 78. I take it to 63 lights outs. Air is fed using a 6 intake hose running to a window unit so I get cool low humidity air. Rh at 31%. Lights are a hlg 260 xl and barely fits. What else can I do to get the most terps

Light runs at 99 while it’s 71 at the canopy so terps shouldn’t bake off.

3 Likes

One thing I ask is, What is the temp and humidity at plant level?

1 Like

71 at 36rh

1 Like

Yeah, sorry, I just went back and saw that. I don’t think you can get much better than that. Great job.

1 Like

I have always grown in the space I had. I am finding it’s so much easier with stable temps

1 Like

I’ll see if i can find the YouTube video but someone sent in buds to be lab tested to get some scientific evidence on the dark period before harvest. Seems on their experiment. The terp levels almost doubled and thc level went up 1-2% after 48 hours dark period. 72 had more thc % but it had lost terp % … very interesting video

2 Likes
5 Likes

So now I gotta pick more thc or more terps. Lol. Crap. It a a nice boosts of thc for sure

1 Like

Believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see. Terp profile is strongly genetics driven. Given the environment is good, feeding consistent, and harvest / cure is proper, terps will be genetically controlled. This is why people pheno hunt.
In addition, I didnt see evidence of any controls in this study? How can we deduce percentages of improvement without numerous controls.

Understood. Just trying to make the most of what I got.

1 Like

A grow show is hardly a laboratory environment, I would suggest that to improve character of a cannabis plant would require extensive breeding and or pheno hunting. This means that the seed from a single breeding attempt could have hundreds of adequate offspring and only 1 or 2 super plants. Thebprospect of this is daunting, because of this getting a killer plant from seed is like playing a lottery and offspring should be cloned or bred.

For better Terps choose your seed bank wisely

1 Like

Bottom line here is: you gone get high!! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Weed tastes exactly the same for me. I can smell the difference in strain. Only time I tastes anything was making dabs. That I can taste. Which is yummy. I just don’t have any strains with a lot of resin in it. I just need to search my personal sees bank and see which one does.

Check sulfur content on your nutrients. If its low, supplement with some Epsom salts. Also try maybe getting a little more blue or violet light in late in flower.

1 Like

Sounds like really good levels all over - I wish mine was playing as nicely!

Have you thought about Stem Splitting - in Guides under Advance Techniques. I am really new at this - but your conditions look nailed down - maybe that is the nudge you are looking for in your THC quest?

1 Like

to get the high you want, do not smoke for seven days then have a blast, I think you will be amazed how fu*ked up you become…Bergmans Gold Leaf is a kicker !