What does the community think about this one

MARS HYDRO TS 1000W Led Grow Light 3x3ft Sunlike Full Spectrum IR Grow Lamps for Indoor Plant Commercial LED Grow Hydroponic Growing Light with Updated 342 LEDs Dimmer Thermometer Hygrometer Timer. For 3 plants up to flower as I want to put it in the greenhouse for that.Thanks :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’ve used what I thought was a great light. I spent $450 for the two. Viparspectra PAR600. I was recommended the HLG lights and I haven’t looked back since switching. So $1250 in lights.

1 Like

I had almost 1,400 watts (from the wall) in blurple lights running to the tune of around $750 before I spent an additional $600 for good lights. Don’t be like me (and so many others) and just cut to the chase and buy the HLG lights. You can NOT cheap out on lights as that’s where the rubber meets the road, as it were.

6 Likes

i think you should be fine in that space… def move to a stronger light source for flower… i have a tsw2000 that works awesome for veg… my flower room is a combo of HPS and blurples with UV chips to stimulate tricolm production… i find mixing both for flower does pretty well…

2 Likes

The TS1000 is a decent light. It’s not a blurple and has a decent frequency range for the price. I’ve read lots of people’s happy reviews. One thing to note is they can get pretty warm. I would say it’s a good light for the hobbyist who knows better than to buy a blurple but can’t quite convince themselves to spend the money for an HLG.

1 Like

Check those out buddy. Just like the hlg board but cheaper in price

https://www.amazon.com/LM301B-288Pcs-Spectrum-Samsung-Meanwell/dp/B07N45BM25/?tag=greenrel-20

1 Like

First time poster long time lurker. Just wanted to chime in that I just purchased this diy led for one side of a 4Ă—4. So far impressed.

4 Likes

The reviews seem to have trouble with the wiring.They look good though.Thanks for the input

1 Like

It might be good for me then since only half the grow will be inside.Want to finish in the greenhouse.TY

@revbev I have the TSL-2000 with two full grows under it (6 plants total for me). So far I’m very happy with it, but I’ve also been looking at DIY lighting, not that specific one linked here, more reusing the drivers from some of the old blurple lights I had in the past with new light strip modules, tons of posts here on that subject if your handy. If I were to do it again, I would still have purchased the Mars light or similar on Amazon, I had a gift card that needed spending and not enough time on my hands to build my own. I do wish I had skipped the whole blurple lighting days.

But here is my quick take on the bigger, longer, MARS Hydro TSL-2000

I know this isn’t the best light, but that is ok. It performs well for the need at the time, and so far has out lasted all my other lights (the blurple lights seem to have LEDs go out after just a single grow). It fits my flower space almost perfectly (could be 3 inches longer), still I should have purchased two of the TS-1000 so I could hang them at different heights for the plants, and probably filled that gap.

Another big thing with this light, even when running at 100% output there is little heat off the light, not comfortable to touch the housing, but not hot enough to burn if you brush it. I had to add a water heater to my reservoir after switching from 350watts (real watts) of blurple lights to the MARS light (which actually reads 303watts on my meter), as my buckets were dropping below 65 degrees. I was having a hard time keeping the temp below 90 in the flower room before, not after he Mars light, now it’s 78 in the peak of summer, I’ve actually thought of adding a heater for the day on some of my hazes (or just turn on one of the damn blurple lights).

I have been running the light on 12 hour schedule for the last 40 weeks, it did 18 hours for 8 weeks, but now is only used for flower. All LEDs still appear bright at almost a year of service.

All that said, if you have the little extra to get the HLG light, or have the skills to build, I suggest take your time and go those routes. You’ll get a better value, if a little engineering fun isn’t a big enough draw. If you need something now, and like me had a gift card to use up, the MARS is a good choice. A friend of mine is trying the Spiderfarm SF-1000 and so far it’s seems to be on par with the MARS TS lights.

2 Likes

Thanks for all the info. I have no skills :frowning_face: to build. I have a gift card though. :grinning: I will probably get more into better lighting after the summer as I plan to grow outdoors /greenhouse.

1 Like

@revbev I think you’ll like the MARS light then. They have decent customer service from what I have heard, but haven’t had to use it.

1 Like

ive been happy with my tsw2000 … makes for a pretty good veg light

1 Like

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

2 Likes

i Veg’d these under a 125w blurple and 1 CFL…

5 Likes

It’s beautiful.The leaves look so healthy.

1 Like

thank you… those are a CD91 bag seed phenotype i got, polinated, and sustained growing along the years… they are strong growers for me… i grow everything in the soil i make…