What does the community think about this light for a 2x2

Dank I totally hear you man, my new tent is a 3x3x6 with an extra 1x3x6 place for clones/Veggies & herbs.
I’m 6’6.
I much prefer the 6.5 or 7ft tall tents frustrating they don’t make all the tents in tall sizes.

1 Like

Yeah when I got mine 63 inches was all I found. I would still only do a few plants just want the elbow room. @Nicky I did about 2 months ago build a platform to lift it off the ground 17 inches makes it easier working on them.

1 Like

That would have been a site to see. You must have looked like Clark Kent trying to get in a phone booth.:smile:

Yeah ide love to build a grow room in a platform inside a garage but that won’t happen until I buy a real house lol I just bought a trailer that was renovated enough for us.
The wifey 5’4 lol

1 Like

Ok I hope this gets seen. I can’t for the life of me start a new thread to ask my question. Alright, here it goes: first time grower on a budget. Have a 2×2×4 grow tent. Would like to get as large of a light as possible so when I am able to upgrade the grow tent I dont have to upgrade the lights as well. Is this possible? I have read through soooo many threads my brain hurts. :fearful: I know there is no such thing as too much light just too much heat. How do I calculate how much heat a light will put off? How do I know how many fans to use? Is it a special type of fan? What’s the difference in the colored lights and the white lights? Again I am on a budget but I also know that this is am investment. Since I already have the tent I want to focus on the lights being a gokd investment. I’m so confused with the QB and the LED and figuring the wattage. I don’t want to waste my money on a light. Any and all help is greatly appreciated! I am also ok with diy if it gets me the absolute most bang for my buck. Thanks in advance!!! -one extreme newb who didn’t realize how complicated this could be and just wants to grow her own top shelf quality flower

1 Like

Hello and welcome!

We need to know what your budget is.

There is such a thing as too much light. When you have the funds, how large a tent(s) will you buy? Could this smaller tent and an appropriately sized light be repurposed for veg growth, cloning, or flowering?

Any “in-line” fan will work for ventilation, and the differences mostly come down to cost, noise, efficiency, and control type.

The short answer to you questions about calculating heat and light is that we really don’t make those calculations, and instead we trust the manufacturers and/or independent labs to post the testing results for commercial lights. You are probably overthinking the cooling requirements of a 16cu.ft. tent.

I was considering this fan. I have ordered the mars hydro ts 600w LED grow light based off of lots of readin on other threads so that’s my lighting for now. I’m really not sure what I will upgrade to as currently I am living in an apartment. I may even just grow outdoors once I move as nothing is better than good ole organic sunlight. :muscle: I had a feeling I was over thinking it all bc I had information overload from cruising the threads for a bit lol.

Personally, part of my design model would be the amount of dried flower I actually need. It can be hard to save money by growing your own if you grow an excess. Luckily, my needs are quite low; only you know how much you need in order to meet your needs.

I would choose the TS 1000 or 2000 instead of the 600. I would also look at the HLG 135 kit, which is even better than the comparable Mars Hydro lights, watt for watt.

Also, no judgement if the TS 600 is what you can afford. But it’s undersized for your square footage.

Thanks a bunch! I appreciate the knowledge!

Did you see my questions?

I also say a HLG135 V2 Rspec will do the job, it is what I will be using in a 2x2 tent once I get a seed to germinate.

@BiotchBaker420 - I’m growing in a 2x2x4 tent and I’m using HLG 135 watt Rspec for lighting. I am more than happy with this light. Price was about $185 delivered and that was 6-8 months ago so maybe cheaper now.

Yay, I got a seed to germinate, one out of six I tried.