What does the community think about this light for a 2x2

Hello community I’m looking for some advice or reviews on the Fissioning 120w light? Please and thank you…

https://www.amazon.com/FISSIONING-Spectrum-Quantum-Samsung-Meanwell/dp/B07K7K544M/ref=asc_df_B07K7K544M/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=309821834089&hvpos=1o2&hvnetw=g&hvrand=7028523755196786114&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9014958&hvtargid=pla-635765002774&psc=1

I’m going to use a Quantum Board 135 v2 Rspec in my 2x2 tent, the cheapest I have seen it is on ebay by username quickblooms, AU$321.75 with the 10% discount code shipped Australia wide.

2 Likes

Exactly what I was going to recommend, but I didn’t catch that you’re in Australia. I’m not sure if Horticulture Lighting Group ships to you, but they can probably direct you to someone who can if they don’t. They have that kit for slightly less than that, before shipping though. Although you’d know it’s legit, whereas ebay…:man_shrugging:

And F me, I almost forgot…welcome to ILGM! :v:

2 Likes

The HLG 135 that elheffe702 listed is what I’m running in my 2x2.

4 Likes

@FrostyBuds be very careful of buying QB’s not from. HLG directly they may be Chinese copy cats that are much lower quality, and while they will still work someone’s making bank while your paying top dollar for a lesser product.
If HLG didn’t approve them as a re seller I wouldn’t be buying them because that will also void warranty I’m sure.

@bengaltiger81 welcome to the forums, unfortunately there are so many LED’s on Amazon it’s doubtful anyone here has personal experience with that light. Now there is alot to know about lighting, specs and such, but manufacturers often give false claims as is part of the Chinese business model aka Wich includes almost everything on Amazon.
That’s why we tend to stick with trusted brands like HLG. Sure you could get a good copy cat but without light measuring tools you won’t know until your return time is expired.

That light you showed is a design copy cat of a HLG board, save yourself the hassle and get an HLG until you know a bit more

1 Like

Thank you, I love this forum after reading some different topics lastnight I decided on the diy 135w hlg. I’m so excited to start my first grow and share with the community! :blush:

3 Likes

Good choice, be sure to get it in 3000k or R spec.
Have you purchased anything else yet? Tent ect?

2 Likes

The diy kit is incredibly easy to put together. There are videos on youtube that show you exactly how to do it. You chose well grasshoppa!

3 Likes

No not yet that’s the other thing I wanted to do some more research on. Should I go the 2x2x4 or try to find one with some more head space. Wanted to do dry amendment autoflowers . We got fastbuds gorilla glue and pineapple express. Ant suggestions?

Thanks! :v:

Get the tallest tent you can!

2 Likes

That was my thinking to go taller.

1 Like

Its a struggle to find smaller tents in taller sizes but in a 24x24 you should be able to find a 60" tall don’t settle for the 48" one.

I got a 2x4x7 and it’s a beautiful tent I bought a new tent better quality but only 6ft tall and I hate that it’s short, and harder to control my temps

1 Like

You’ll be A Lot happier with a taller tent min 60"if you got the room and the funds. I’m only in a 31"×31"×60 and it’s too small for 3 plants…it works ok nice yield but it should have been better.Too crowded, 2 would be ok but I’m going to go bigger after this gorw is finished. If you have the space use it to its fullest

I’m in the same boat my tent is good for 2 1/2-3 plants I’m going to make the jump to a 4x4 in hopes I can increase yield and get 4 plants in tent comfortably.

2 Likes

@Nicky The company I am buying from is authorized, Quick Bloom Australia, I contacted them and asked if they would beat their ebay price and they did AU$320 shipped to me for a QB135 V2 Rspec 3500k.

4 Likes

Good to know.
As long as HLG themselves told you that they are authorized and not that quick bloom just blindly claims they are authorized.

1 Like

Got the link to Quick Bloom off the HLG website listed under Australia. :wink:

3 Likes

Yeah next year I might get a 4x4 and go hydro sucks having to buy a bigger light or another like I got I guess. That rspec stuff looks great. I want a bigger tent fo easier maintenance I’m 6’ 5" should have seen me trying to hang my fan and ducting.

1 Like

Nice alot of others Aussies might find that info interesting. The hlg stuff is hard to beat quality wise.

1 Like