What do your ears like?

Speaking of Jimi Hendrix reminded me that Tommy Emmanuel did a cover of Purple Haze with Jerry Douglas. During the past years I’ve been playing a bit of acoustic guitar during the pandemic and Tommy Emmanuel has become one of my favorite acoustic guitar players.

2 Likes
1 Like

R.I.P. Chris.
You are missed.

1 Like

Ok, Jimi Hendrix has come up in this thread more than once, as I know I have talked about him and others have posted as well.

I was digging around looking for an Eric Johnson CD and upon looking for these Hendrix CDs. It also reminded me when I involved more in the music business, I used to go to a steam bath that is located on Pico/Burnside between LaBrea and Fairfax in L.A. Alan Douglas went to the same place. I have some good weed stories from there, but I don’t want to go off on a tangent…suffice to say, Alan Douglas ended up with the publishing rights to all of the Jimi Hendrix publishing. He was one of the last managers when Hendrix died and he bought them from the family, as I understand it…sure, the family would contest it for years, but Douglas ended up with them.

The left collection was put together with much of the material that Douglas had from some of the unreleased sessions Hendrix did, but some of it came from Bruce Gary, he was the drummer from the Knack (“My Sharonna” was a big hit in the 80s). Gary had some cool Sweden tapes with rare footage, and some of that was used also with that collection as well as The Ultimate Experience in the center.

This leaves us to the right side, I have the double CD spread open, the back of the CD case is on the left and the cover on the right. Many people don’t know, Electric Ladyland which is the most famous Hendrix album had naked ladies on the cover. This double CD is a European release I bought in Japan. I paid dearly for it, but some things you just have to have in life. Maybe that’s all old news now, but I have rarely seen this outside of my own collection.

I have more Hendrix CDs but these are a kind of rare bunch…not a lot of folks bought the collection as it was pretty pricey. Great documentary on it…talking with various people and even interviews with Hendrix himself.

1 Like

1 Like
2 Likes

Been walking down my early years teenage and Army years. Robin Tower, Jethro Tull, GAR, Iron Butterfly ,Steppenwolf BOC, and CSN&Y Queen,Anything more I can’t remember right now but loud in my car love it. amd kids look at me a 65 year old man windows down with “Let the Bodies Hit the Ground!” MAX Volume I am blowing off some steam!

1 Like

@Gammagoat wow who is joe walsh what a voice tks for sharing mate :slight_smile:

1 Like

Joe Walsh is an American musician who started in The James Gang and later joined The Eagles.
He also had a successful solo career!
Pretty much if he wrote it down, he was there! LOL!

2 Likes

1 Like