What do you store in to keep it fresh?

I was wondering what everyone uses to hold there bud.

I use a class jar thats tinted dark blue. But curious to see what everyone uses or if there something better.
@Das_Fonz @yoshi @Caligurl @CooterJuice @PharmerBob @dbrn32 @Agrestic @MidwestGuy @Dr.ofSmokology @ILGM.Stacy

3 Likes

I use plain old Ball jars. It it is for long term, I will seal the jar with a Foodsaver vacuum sealer and put it in the bottom drawer in the fridge.

5 Likes

I’ve been thinking of jumping on this train…

2 Likes

5 gal buckets until it goes into 1oz Mylar depending upon strain

The bags will keep it fresh for longer, we can then store those away in storage containers until they are distributed

3 Likes

Grove bags!! They are awesome. Once you get your humidity 58-62% in the bag. You never have to touch them. Toss em in a cool dark place and can heat seal them if you wish

7 Likes

Grove bags! :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

4 Likes

I’m on the grove bag train to

5 Likes

In the past I’ve used mason jars for buds and I vacuum seal fresh and dry trim that goes into the freezer until I have enough to do a batch of bubble hash. But I too jumped on the grove bag train. Just had my bags delivered. Pretty pumped on giving them a go.

5 Likes

I’ll jump in with how I store long-term, cause it works great. :wink:

I put the buds in a Ziploc. I put the Ziploc and a Boveda 62 Humipack in a Food Saver bag, and just push the air out (what I can). Then I seal the Food Saver bag, without applying any vacuum to the bag, so as not to crush my buds. Then the whole package goes into a cigar humidor, which has cigar humidifier juice.

So the Ziploc has more permeability than the Food Saver, and the Boveda makes sure that whatever permeability occurs is at 62% RH. And the humidity in the humidor stays aroud 65-68 RH.

I’ve stored for at least 9 months, and still had good buds.

5 Likes

Keep us posted whatcha think :metal:

1 Like

On Amazon they have a 100 ok of 1pz double lines bags like Grove bags but not as fancy shiny silver inside matte black outside they work wonderful can be zipped locked then sealed if u want. 100 ok for like 25 bucks. Keep the air out and sealed great so far. I have weed from my first grow in a bag still that is awesome and it’s over a year old. I don’t touch the bags for opening for closing after the burp process. I do start in jars once dried I put on bags burp bags once daily for a week then once every other day for a week until I get to once a week then I stop the burp and leave them sealed. So far I cannot complain but I would love to get the Grove bags as it’s just dry and throw on grove bag no burping necessary as the bag does the work 4 u

2 Likes

Glass jars work fine for me.

5 Likes

Another grove bag fan (I never even made it to using jars)! Stabilize the RH, then seal with a $1 flat iron from the thrift store and store in a dark, cool space (which happens to be an old wooden bar I don’t use).

3 Likes

Grove bags right here. The plain black ones though. The strain specific have a velvety texture and I think they let more moisture out than the plain ones.

2 Likes

I use both for my flower but store in the freezer so glass works better there.

2 Likes

I wanted to mention something,can’t remember if I saw it here or somewhere else. If you are going to store in Grove Bags long term, you need to keep humidity up around 60% in storage area. After a period of time in low humidity environment your rh will drop inside Grove Bag to the level the storage area is.

4 Likes

Did not know this, thank you. I thought it was a set it forget type of thing. My jars may stay around awhile :+1:

1 Like

I just saw that someone had posted that. I know that I have some Sebrings Breeze stored in bags and the humidity has dropped in them. Didn’t really think about until I saw that posted. They do great during cure,and for several months afterwards. I intend to continue using them, but for my next harvest I’ve got a area to store bags that I can control rh in.

2 Likes

I use Grove bags they are amazing!

1 Like

Grove bags for sure

1 Like