What do you see in this picture?

Ooh I get it now… that’s how you can tell if your plant is in need of more nutrients. I see…

2 Likes

Yes at least for our purposes :wink:

1 Like

I see thank you.
I’m a bit worried, the yellowing is getting worse… been reading into it as much as I could, most deficiencies/toxicities have very similar symptoms. I think @garrigan62 is correct. I have mg deficiency, I had been feeding her calmag based on a friend’s advice but that hasn’t been working. It’s getting worse even. Zinc deficiency also has similar symptoms. I hope epsom salt fixes the issue.

1 Like

My diagnostic skills suck! I’m still working on it lol It would help if you could get a ppm runoff number for the others to see if she’s hungry or not also to see what may be going on in your soil

1 Like

Same. This is my first grow, no idea what I’m doing. All symptoms look the same to me :joy:
Maybe because there are multiple things going on at once with a plant or maybe it takes a lot of experience to tell for sure.
I’m learning a lot but I only planted this one seed so all my eggs are in this basket. Should have planted two at least.

1 Like

LOL that’s the exact same way I did my first grow. Things seemed much simpler back then but much more complicated. Don’t worry you’ll get the hang of it. This forum is a great place to learn!

1 Like

Yea I’m grateful to be here. Thank you

2 Likes

@willkl, @missliss1972,

I’m on my tablet but I’ll get that PPM up for ya. It has everything you need.

B Safe
Will

1 Like

@Willk,

I HAVE MORE ON PPM BUT THIS SHOULD GET YOU UP TO SPEED,

ReadingsThese readings reflect the PPM your water should have at a given stage of growth

• Seedlings: 100-250 (nutrients aren’t needed here, hence there’s not a lot of particles needed)
  • First Half of Vegging Cycle: 300-400 (this is usually after you transplant, which still doesn’t require many nutrients)
  • Second Half of Vegging: 450-700 (you’ll start giving your plants more nutrients at this stage)
  • First Half of Flowering: 750-950 (your plants will be eating more as they grow, so they’ll be taking in more nutrients)
  • Second Half of Flowering: 1000-1600 (this is when your plant’s eating the most, especially if you give it additives)
  • End of Flower, Entering Harvest: As close to 0 as possible (this is when you’ll be flushing your plants, so you don’t want there to be a lot of particles leftover)
4 Likes

It looks like I have the same deficiency going on. I have yet to figure out what it might be. Mine is like yours, high on the plant, localized around a few buds, and does not appear to be spreading. I have looked for bugs several times and found none. It is only on one of my 3 plants.

2 Likes

@Missiles and @Willk

and we are all happy that, you two are hare with us and share your grows and knowlage with us.

And here is the P. P. M I said I would post It’s long but ful of INFO !!

Benefit: Phosphorus does a lot of things for the plant. One of the most
important parts of Phosphorus is:
It aids in root growth and influences the vigor of the plant and is
one of the most important elements in flowering as well helps to germinate
seedlings.
Phosphorus is an essential plant nutrient, and since it is needed in large
amounts, it is classified as
a macronutrient. Phosphorus is a MAJOR important nutrient in the plants
reproductive stages. Without this
element the plants will have a lot of problems blooming without proper
levels of Phosphorus.

When your plants are deficient in phosphorus, this can overall reduce the size
of your plants. Not enough
causes slow growth and causes the plant to become weak, to little amount of
Phosphorus causes slow growths
in leaves that may or majhy not drop off. The edges all around the leaves or
half of the leaves can be
brownish and work its way inwards a bit causing the part of the leaves to curl
up in the air a bit. Fan leaves
will show dark greenish/purplish and yellowish tones along with a dullish blue
color to them. Sometimes the
stems can be red, along with red petioles that can happen when having a Phosphorus
deficiency. This isn’t a
sure sure sign of you having one though, but can be a sign. Some strains just show
the red petioles and stems
from its genes.
So pretty much the overall dark green color with a purple, red, or blue tint to the
fan leaves is a good sign
of a Phosphorus deficiency. Having Cold weather (below 50F/10C) can make phosphorous
absorption very troublesome
for plants.
Many people get a Pho-phorus deficiency confused with a fungus problem because the
ends of the leaves look like
a fungus problem, But the damage occurs at the end of the leaves. side of the
leaves and has a glass like
feeling to it as if it had a ph problem. Parts affected by a phosphorus deficiency
are: Older Leaves, Whole
plant, Petioles.

Too much Phosphorus levels affect plant growth by suppressing the uptake of: Iron, potassium and Zinc,
potentially causing deficiency symptoms of these nutrients to occur def in plants. A Zinc deficiency is
most common under excessive phosphorus conditions,
As well as causing other nutrients to have absorption troubles like zinc and copper. Phosphorus fluctuates
when concentrated and combined with calcium

Problems with Phosphorus being locked out by PH troubles
Cold wet soils, acid or very alkaline soils, compacted soil.

Soil

Phosphorus gets locked out of soil growing at ph levels of 4.0-5.5
Phosphorus is absorbed best in soil at a ph level of 6.0-7.5 (wouldn’t recommend
having a ph of over 7.0 in soil)

Anything out of the ranges listed will contribute to a Phosphorus deficiency.

Hydro and Soil less Mediums

Phosphorus gets locked out of Hydro and Soil less Mediums at ph levels of 6.0-8.5.
Phosphorus is absorbed best in Hydro and Soil less Mediums at ph levels
of 4.0- 5.8. (Wouldn’t recommend having
a ph over 6.5 in hydro and soil less mediums.) Best range for hydro and soil
less mediums is 5.0 to 6.0. Anything
out of the ranges listed will contribute to a Phosphorus Deficiency.

Solution to fixing a Phosphorus deficiency
Some deficiency during flowering is normal, but too much shouldn’t be tolerated.
Any chemical or organic
fertilizers that have Phosphorus in them will fix a Phosphorus deficiency. If you
have a phosphorus
deficiency you should use any N-P-K ratio that is over 5.Again Peters all purpose
20-20-20 is a good mix.
Miracle grow Tomato plant food, Miracle grow All purpose plant food (Only mixing
at ½ strength when using
chemical nutrients, or it will cause nutrient burn!) Other forms of phosphorus
supplements are: Bone meal,
which is gradual absorption, I suggest making it into a tea for faster use, where
bone/blood meal is slow
acting, but when made into a tea it works quicker! Fruit eating bat guano, which
is fast absorption, Worm
castings, which is gradual absorption, Fish meal, which is medium absorption,
Soft Rock Phosphate, which
is medium absorption, Jamaican or Indonesian Guano, which is fast absorption.
Crabshell, which is slow
absorption. Tiger Bloom , which is fast absorption.

Here is a list of things to help fix a Phosphrus Deficiency.

Chemical

Advanced nutrients Bloom (0-5-4)
Vita Bloom (0-7-5)
BC Bloom (1.1-4.4-7)
GH Flora Bloom (0-5-4)
GH Maxi Bloom (5-15-14)
GH Floranova Bloom (4-8-7)
Dyna-Gro Bloom (3-12-6)
Fox Farm Tiger Bloom (2-8-4)
Awsome Blossums

`Organic

Dr. Hornby’s Iguana Juice Bloom (4-3-6)
Advanced Nutrients Mother Earth Bloom (.5-1.5-2)
Fox Farm Big Bloom (.01-.3-.7)
Earth Juice Bloom (0-3-1)
Pure Blend Bloom (2.5-2-5)
Pure Blend Pro Bloom (2.5-2-5)
Buddswell (0-7-0)
Sea Island Jamaican Bat Guano (1-10-0)
Indonesian Bat Guano (0-13-0)
Rainbow Mix Bloom (1-9-2)
Earth Juice Bloom (0-3-1)
BIO BLOOM (2-6-3.5)
AGE OLD BLOOM (5-10-5)
+
ALASKA MORBLOOM (0-10-10)
METANATURALS ORGANIC BLOOM (1-5-5)

Any of these will cure your phosphorus deficiency. Affected leaves will not show recovery but new
growth will appear normal.

Now if you added to much chemical ferts and or organics,( which is hard to burn your plants when
using organics) You need to Flush the soil with plain water. You need to use 2 times as much water
as the size of the pot, for example: If you have a 5 gallon pot and need to flush it, you need to use
10 gallons of water to rinse out the soil good enough to get rid of excessive nutrients.

Note: Blood Meal, Dried Blood, Guanos, Kelp Meal, Cotton Seed Meal, Peat Moss,
Sulfur and fish meal are all acidic and can bring your ph down, so if you add these please monitor
your ph when using those.

Note: Bone Meal, Rock Phosphate, Wood Ashes pretty much all ashes, Shellfish Compost and Crab Meal are
all alkaline and can make your ph go up, so if you add any of these please monitor your ph.

3 Likes

@garrigan62 as always you go above and beyond, thank you for all the information.
So you think it’s both mg and P? Should I still keep feeding epson salt?
I have been using rock phosphate and dr earth flower girl bud and bloom in my tea. Plus castings and ffof which has bat guano. How can it not have enough phosphorus? Maybe nute lockdown?
I do see a lot of symptoms of P deficiency, specially when it was in veg before I transplanted into this pot.
Like this pretty much

@garrigan62 @Myfriendis410
Today I was trimming a bit more, I found two very sick leaves that I trimmed.
Sorry I have been bugging you guys a lot I just have to figure this out and maybe this picture could help us find out whats wrong.
FYI I also noticed the stems of the sick leaves are red while the healthy ones are green.

Also this picture

I think it’s phosphorus, but I also have another theory. Reading blue planet nutrients seaweed extract I can see that it’s potassium rich. It’s the main available food in there. Seaweed has been the only nutrient I have been constantly feeding my plant since the beginning, so I looked up Potassium toxicity in Cannabis and I found (again) similar symptoms;

I hope this will help others who might have the same problem.

PPM runoff came out 2053
PH runoff came out 7.3

PPM in was 600 Only used epsom salt, seaweed and molasses.
PH in was 6.3

1 Like

Numbers are definitely low, but you’ve got something out of whack with those dark green leaves. You may be correct that there is a def in phosphorus but I can really only see adding a supplement like GH Bloom or one of the FF products.

1 Like

Yea I don’t get it. Leaves are dark green, some parts are yellow and brown, I definitely overdid the soil mix if 600 goes in 2053 comes out it means the poor thing is burning. But then I have symptoms of P deficiency :exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head:
Numbers are low, how do you mean? I was gonna flush from now on until the ppm out drops. Also I was gonna add more vinegar because ph out is getting buffed by one.

Just remember the higher the starting value in your water, the less headroom you have for nutrients. Also, some of the 300 ppm in your municiple water may be good, like calcium or magnesium? But at what amounts? Some of the crap may be bad, like arsenic and mercury! Dont be at all surprised if your municipality somehow manages to omit the murcury part!

1 Like