What do you see in this picture?

Hey guys, I’m three weeks into flower and some of my leaves have brown spots on the sides/corners, they turn dark and crispy. I have about 6 of them now but it might spread. I can’t tell if it’s nutrition burn or a deficiency. Can you take a look at the pictures and let me know what you see?
These are not top leaves, not the bottom leaves, they are on the side, centre, here there spread out. Leaves look dark green and feel dry and crispy like paper. It’s in flower so I know it’s very hard to fix things at this stage, I need to come up with something quick.

• Strain: GG4 by ILGM 3rd week of flower
  • Method: Organic, ocean forest / Subcool super soil
  • Vessels: 10Gal fabric pot
  • PH of Water: 6.2 in, not sure about the runoff
    I water every two-three days I add molasses, calmag and seaweed, my water is purified water.
    Compost tea everyweek with flowergirl bud and bloom, castings and compost.
  • PPM/TDS or EC N/A
  • Indoor 3x3 tent
  • Light system LED 2x 260w ~ 25” above
  • Temps; Day 83, Night 73
  • Humidity; Day 55%, Night 45%
  • Ventilation system; Yes
  • AC Yes, Humidifier Yes
  • Co2; No

@Myfriendis410 @elheffe702 @Mrcrabs @garrigan62 @primus @Budbrother

2 Likes

Ph out?

Ppm in? Ppm out?

2 Likes

I don’t have any of those unfortunately.
I set the plant on a mesh drainer so I don’t have access to the runoff.

What’s coming out the other end means a lot, it will allow you to know if your under / over feeding your girls.

1 Like

Yea I am aware, I tried lifting it up to see if I can get access. It would be tough but I could do it, I would have to take them out of the tent. I don’t know if that would cause any stress or light disruption.

I’d see if I could get something under there to collect the water out before unscrogging them

I’ll try

Best of luck! If need be could you flush them?

1 Like

Yea I’m doing that now, ph water only. Flush just once or more?

Sorry; gotta have pictures in white light. I can’t see $hi! with the blurple. Good description and particulars!

3 Likes

Ok, would it be ok to tun off the LEDs for a sec?

2 Likes

Absolutely. You could turn em off for 15 minutes and the plant wouldn’t even know,

2 Likes

These any better? If you need more let me know

1 Like

Leaves feel like gift paper or fake flowers.

1 Like

I think you are fine. It’s pretty common at this point to see a few leaves with ‘issues’. Older fans will start to get scruffy and full of holes etc. At about this point in my grows I start to strip some of the fan leaves away as they really do nothing but impede light to the inside of the plant. Don’t go nuts and be strategic about it.

Running soil with teas, you would be smart to monitor runoff PH and TDS. Most often that data will tell you most of what you are looking for.

@MattyBear @PurpNGold74 @Missiles any thoughts.

6 Likes

Looks almost like a slight toxicity. Have you taken runoff numbers lately?

2 Likes

Alright thanks! I just took off the trellis so I can get the runoff. It looks really nasty down there :joy:
Yea I was gonna ask if it’s ok at this stage to still prune some of the big fans on the side that do nothing. Its day 22 flower exactly.

1 Like

I’d take off all the weird looking leaves

4 Likes

Not so far, I need to. I had trellis netting on top and it’s sitting on a mesh drainer so I couldn’t get access to the runoff. I took off the trellis today hopefully I can collect some of the water from the bottom. I still have to order a tds meter. I only have a PH one.

3 Likes