What do you do with your trimmings/shake

Thanks. I will love making them.

2 Likes

Watch “Maximize Your Cannabis: How to Decarb” on YouTube

1 Like

I think folks need to hear this, especially those who are waiting on their 1st grow harvest. I have to make the most of everything – as I’ve been, hundreds of times, without smoke when I needed it. I smoked some, just to satisfy my curiosity. Pretty dang good in a pinch or a cookie or better yet chocolate.

1 Like

Do you have to decarb even after you’ve dried and cured the goodies?

1 Like

I think so …i think that activates everything in it before you do everything else… bur i could be wrong so dont quote me… Thats the video my friend watched to make them and they are gooood

1 Like

I’m following @Caligurl. I’ll hit her up for an answer. Cali – do we have to decarb dried and cured trim before processing QWET?

1 Like

Yes… You must convert the THCA to THC for it to be psychoactive. Great explanation here:

3 Likes

I know how to do this as I do it for my Levo II to process oils. So, same thing.

A list of things in order:

Grow
Harvest
Decarb
QWET Extract
Evaporate Alcohol
Cook

Yes? No?

3 Likes

Yes, ma’am.

OK — now I have my blueprint to the future.

1 Like

That is exactly the order I do things in. (Except QWET is Extract, so insert Evaporate alcohol) :wink:

2 Likes

For anyone interested @Newt turned me on to @Caligurl 's Concentrates Blog. Go check it out. Link above :point_up_2:

2 Likes

For edibles, yes but for dabs, no. You don’t need to decarb the weed for edibles but you’d still have to decarb the dab before making the edibles s

1 Like

So is it better just to decarb the trim and move on? And, is there a time constraint after decarb to using the trim. An hour, day, week, whenever?

1 Like

I’ve decarbed weeks before use. No idea if there is a too long time.

2 Likes

What about kief – do you throw it in too? Or keep it to smoke?

1 Like

Usually, I just throw it in… (But I do smoke some as well)

3 Likes

I usually use the life to supplement weed during smoking but you can definitely add to your QWET.

I have found that decarbing after you extract gives more flexibility with what you can use it for. It’s just that I like to only use the first wash for dabs, the susbsequent washes will get decarbed for edibles but sometimes I end up,with really clean second washes that I would want to dab, but if i decarb first, I’m stuck with edibles.

1 Like

Cupcakes made from gg4 infused olive oil. Levo2 machine.

3 Likes

You can smoke rso. Decarbed weed. Decarbing will not stop you from smoking it. Rso actually smokes well. Put in joint…etc. make a cigar using it as glue.

1 Like