What do you do with your trimmings/shake

Happy to try to help. Just let me know.

1 Like

Gotta find a YouTube video for this thing. Interesting. Do you have this contraption? Did you get canvas or all mesh bags?

@Oldguy I might be Oldguy 2.0 over here lol. My bud snobbery kicks in and after I’m done playing with all the pretty buds I start going all Oprah on the rest of it lol… you get a bag…you get a bag……you…get the point lmao!!

3 Likes

What exactly does it do. I know it extracts but what do I end up with? Goop that I then press?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Too dang funny. I look forward to the day I’m not still all anal about saving every last little hair.

2 Likes

The problem with trim/shake is it contains around 1/5th the THC of flower. Doing bubble hash is a lot of work and doing with trim you generally get low yield amounts compared to flower.

A lot of us cooked our trim (after decarb’ing) in coconut oil with a tablespoon of lecithin then strained the plant material out of the oil. Oil is then used to bake with or put in capsules. The problem with this method is it is inefficient extraction (leaves a lot of goodness behind) and it tends to taste very green or ‘weedy’.

Doing a cold extraction with ethanol pulls almost everything out and does it without pulling a bunch of chlorophyll from the plant material. I found doing a full spectrum oil with the Source Turbo produces an oil I can infuse into coconut oil to bake with and cookies are completely free of weed taste.

@Caligurl has stepped up and is doing a great job of answering your edibles questions here.

3 Likes

I want to say if you press hash you get diamonds but not sure… and it is a little work but if you like hash its cool to mess with …goop at first but let it dry for a few days than good to go… and yes i bought one and it has mesh bags

Splendid information. I’ll have reading material for the next week or so.

1 Like

I will get the recipe for you…its actually a buddy of mine that I take my trimmings to and he makes them for me and they are great

2 Likes

Thanks. I will love making them.

2 Likes

Watch “Maximize Your Cannabis: How to Decarb” on YouTube

1 Like

I think folks need to hear this, especially those who are waiting on their 1st grow harvest. I have to make the most of everything – as I’ve been, hundreds of times, without smoke when I needed it. I smoked some, just to satisfy my curiosity. Pretty dang good in a pinch or a cookie or better yet chocolate.

1 Like

Do you have to decarb even after you’ve dried and cured the goodies?

1 Like

I think so …i think that activates everything in it before you do everything else… bur i could be wrong so dont quote me… Thats the video my friend watched to make them and they are gooood

1 Like

I’m following @Caligurl. I’ll hit her up for an answer. Cali – do we have to decarb dried and cured trim before processing QWET?

1 Like

Yes… You must convert the THCA to THC for it to be psychoactive. Great explanation here:

3 Likes

I know how to do this as I do it for my Levo II to process oils. So, same thing.

A list of things in order:

Grow
Harvest
Decarb
QWET Extract
Evaporate Alcohol
Cook

Yes? No?

3 Likes

Yes, ma’am.

OK — now I have my blueprint to the future.

1 Like

That is exactly the order I do things in. (Except QWET is Extract, so insert Evaporate alcohol) :wink:

2 Likes