What do you do with your trimmings/shake

Coming up on my first harvest and I am wondering what to do with my trimmings/shake… don’t really want to spend hundreds on a press…

Honestly? It gets smoked around my house. My bro actually asks for it before we get to the cure. They happen to dry faster and its a great taste test as long as u can keep fan leaves out of it.

5 Likes

I make infused oil with trim and larf.

5 Likes

I scrub the heck out of it in my trim bin get all the Kief i can then trash it as i didnt think it would be worth smoking. Am i wrong??

5 Likes

I like to freeze mine fresh and do a dry ice hash run later on.
Makes for some very tasty smoke as is or can be used in baking / edibles.

@Audiofreak Not wrong as far as smoking it goes.
Folks will make edibles out of what’s left sometimes but I’m like you.
Once I take the best off the top I don’t really want to fuss with the rest.

:v:

6 Likes

I use the Source Turbo and do a full spectrum alcohol extraction after dried.

5 Likes

I make edibles, CannaCaps, and sleep meds with mine. I do QWET and Source Turbo for edibles, and infuse into coconut oil for CannaCaps and sleep meds.

6 Likes

I scrub mine on my trim bin then use the trash to make cookies… They are really good :+1: one cookie last about 6 to 7 hours and helps me sleep at nigh.

4 Likes

BUBBLEBAGDUDE Bubble Bags Machine 5 Gallon 5 Bag Set - 5 Gallon 110 Volts Mini Washer Herbal Ice Essence Extraction Kit with 5 Gallon Zipper Bag & 10x10” (25 Micron) Pressing Screen & Storage Bag https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LIPALHI/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_NDMCEFTVVX4WGF4V5XVT
Or use one of these to make hash out of it

1 Like

Ah, yet more info for me to look up and study. I want to get to edibles…

1 Like

Share your cookie recipe.

Happy to try to help. Just let me know.

1 Like

Gotta find a YouTube video for this thing. Interesting. Do you have this contraption? Did you get canvas or all mesh bags?

@Oldguy I might be Oldguy 2.0 over here lol. My bud snobbery kicks in and after I’m done playing with all the pretty buds I start going all Oprah on the rest of it lol… you get a bag…you get a bag……you…get the point lmao!!

3 Likes

What exactly does it do. I know it extracts but what do I end up with? Goop that I then press?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Too dang funny. I look forward to the day I’m not still all anal about saving every last little hair.

2 Likes

The problem with trim/shake is it contains around 1/5th the THC of flower. Doing bubble hash is a lot of work and doing with trim you generally get low yield amounts compared to flower.

A lot of us cooked our trim (after decarb’ing) in coconut oil with a tablespoon of lecithin then strained the plant material out of the oil. Oil is then used to bake with or put in capsules. The problem with this method is it is inefficient extraction (leaves a lot of goodness behind) and it tends to taste very green or ‘weedy’.

Doing a cold extraction with ethanol pulls almost everything out and does it without pulling a bunch of chlorophyll from the plant material. I found doing a full spectrum oil with the Source Turbo produces an oil I can infuse into coconut oil to bake with and cookies are completely free of weed taste.

@Caligurl has stepped up and is doing a great job of answering your edibles questions here.

3 Likes

I want to say if you press hash you get diamonds but not sure… and it is a little work but if you like hash its cool to mess with …goop at first but let it dry for a few days than good to go… and yes i bought one and it has mesh bags

Splendid information. I’ll have reading material for the next week or so.

1 Like

I will get the recipe for you…its actually a buddy of mine that I take my trimmings to and he makes them for me and they are great

2 Likes