What do you do with your bud trimmings / sugar leafs?

I did a partial harvest today and got a jar full of sugar leafs and bud trimmings. I was thinking about using them to make oil/butter, or w/e. Anyone do this? Just wondering - would not think the normal dry/cure process would apply to clippings. Do you just dry/carboxylate them or something else?

Thanks!

1 Like

I use dried shake, leaf, chopped up stems in my Levo c. Makes awesome product, butter, oils, coffee creamer milk etc

1 Like

I don’t use any srems, but i sure do make butter and oil from the popcorn.

1 Like

Throw them in my composter

3 Likes

Ive done a couple runs with sugar and trims leaves but my tolerance was too high for them to really be worth my time to produce anything with as i had to take like 20 gummies or eat 4 brownies to feel anything. For me personally its a waste of time to make butter or oil from them and they would be best off in a compost to be turned into a super soil. I just toss mine out

1 Like

yea that is what i kind of wondered. my wife does a 1/2 teaspoon a night for sleep so it probably won’t be too good for her either. just hate to trash it but whatryagonnado :wink:

3 Likes

My son does an ice wash and makes ice hash.

5 Likes

I just really want to use my trimmings also. Ill probably try to make butter at least once out of the sugar leaves just to see how it turns out. I have a few friends who enjoy edibles but at the same time I struggle with the idea of using buds to make edibles. maybe once I get more stock in the bud bank the idea of using it will become easier.

3 Likes

maybe i will take this and make A gummy lol. i have a levo ii so it should be easy. my only question is going from fresh cut to carboxed

1 Like

with the Levo 11 dry it, decarb it and then infuse

1 Like

We take all our trim and popcorn buds and use them to make oils. I was the same way, edibles don’t really do anything for me, so started making RSO and hash, which definitely does the trick. I agree with above, I don’t waste anything except the stems, and they go in my compost pile out back.

1 Like

mind telling me more about drying with levo II? i have more than i thought i would here

I wouldnt dry in the levo 2 because it can’t dry a lot at a time. I dry in the oven and decarb in the oven unless im doing small batches and then just use the levo for infusing the oil or butter. Also i had bought 2 power pods but then later found out from this forum that you can use a wire mesh screen and put your magnetic mixer over the top. My french coffee press spare screen was a perfect fit and allows for you to use much more green per run

1 Like

yea i get that. i actually did the french press hack on mine day 2 because of that. having said that, still not nearly big enough. i just want to try some out before i do all of it. need more coconut oil. can you explain your drying time? just curious what that time would be prior to carbox.

2/3s the way done here - i expect this to be full when i am done.

I stick it in the freezer. Then sift it to make some cheese.

1 Like

This is what i followed

The Baking Method

This method works great if you need to quick-dry your buds for immediate consumption.

Take an oven tray or cookie sheet and place your buds on it. Bake them between 51°C and 60°C. Keep the buds in the oven for at least 10 minutes. Remove them for 5 minutes, turn over and repeat once.

Even though water and moisture will be effectively removed from your buds, the taste won’t be any better than slow-cured buds. The smoke will also be harsh, although this does not adversely affect the potency.

It’s important to remember that if your buds get burnt, then they are pretty much useless. Additionally, never set your oven higher than 65°C.

Then the decarb.
The quickest and easiest way to decarb cannabis is to spread out the cannabis evenly on a baking sheet and place in the oven for 20-30 minutes at 220-250°F.

This is what i did from fresh cut buds cut that day. Im not sure if its the right method but my edibles surely did their job well so i cant complain

1 Like

@samiam ,
Somewhat off topic, but if you are a coffee drinker you can add some flower in an espresso machine. Nice wake and bake lol

1 Like

Thanks! I have carb’d in oven and levo. I just was not sure on the pre-bake. I will do some today.

1 Like

I am! But the last time I did a morning bake, I was baked all day lol. It’s actually what my wife uses on her nightly. Decaf of course.

1 Like

ahaha, my freaking oven low temp is 170. guess i will have to look at using levo if possible and do smally qty

1 Like