What do I need to change?

New grower. PH last feeding was 5.9 @ 74 degrees. Not seeing any discoloration except on 1 plant and one of its cotyledons leaves has a yellow tip. I’m using ocean forest and using fox farm feeding schedule @ half strength. Not sure why the leafs are becoming “taco shaped”

3 Likes

What is your humidity level?

3 Likes

Currently 63%

1 Like

They don’t look bad. If you had ongoing issues taco’d leaves are usually a vpd issue, heat and/or relative humidity being off.

Ff soil and nutrients should probably be feeding/watering with a ph low to mid 6’s.

2 Likes

Thanks. I wanted to check early instead of waiting for it to get worse in case it was something more serious.

1 Like

I would stop feeding them. They should have plenty of nutes from the soil.

How often do you water? Is there drainage holes for excess water to drain?

Shouldn’t the OF have enough nutes for 6 weeks or so? Could the cupping leaves be from too much nutrients?

2 Likes

I agree that ocean forest should carry a plant for +/- a month, but i don’t think anything with leaves is nutrient related.

1 Like

I’m feeding every 3 days . That’s about when they have been needing it. FF feeding schedule says to start week 1 and that’s what I done. The EC and PPM isn’t very high though, it’s only been about 4-5 tsp per gallon of water. I’m transplanting into 5 gallon fabric pots today.

I didn’t see any burned tips or anything just a thought on the nutes. Once you get in the five gallon pots you don’t have to start feeding in OF until the runoff gets down ~1000 ppm. Just give them water at the proper pH til then. That’s the main advantage of hot soil. Once you get them in their final homes hopefully they’ll straighten out some. Are they autos or photos btw?

2 Likes

I know I’m a little late to this party…
but I don’t see a single thing wrong, leaf’s standing up praying to the light. Nice color nice V shape. Honestly these are the best looking seedling iv seen here. Definitely the best iv seen in solo cups.

I will agree with a few others that have mentioned it.
Little early to be feeding in ocean forest.