What did I do now? 😬

Noticing 2 of my girls with some leaf damage popping up. Any idea what I’m doing wrong?

ILGM Blueberry auto/amnesia haze auto
Organic soil
3 gallon air pots
No idea the ph of soil :grimacing:
Using organic 4-4-4 nutes in small amounts
Watering with bit of epsom salts and molasses
Indoor
Spider 1000w LED and Mars Hydro 600w
High 60s at night, low-mid 70s day
Humidity around 50% give or take
No fancy ventilation- there is room to breathe in the closet and I run a fan
Dehumidifier in basement for use as needed

Yes, I know I don’t have the perfect set up. Just small scale, casual growing for now :heart:! 20201013_112215|375x500

1 Like

Given the irregularity of the spots im thinking calcium deficiency how much molasses do you give them and how frequently (and how much 444 did you top dress would help too)

1 Like

It’s hard to tell, but it looks like the new growth is fine. I am not very concerned. Maybe prune the damaged leaves, and watch for further development over the next few weeks. I’d lean toward phosphorus deficiency, if there’s an issue at all. Don’t take that to mean “go add P.”

I have questions though. What specific organic soil are you using? What specific 4-4-4 nutrient are you using, and at what rate?

The plants are just starting to flower, so you’re going to see a lot of new changes and eventually senescence.

1 Like

These charts have been very helpful to me:

2 Likes

Those charts are amazing!!!

Don’t hate me for saying this-
I have no idea how much molasses and epsom salts I use :woman_facepalming:I’m usually stoned and just throw a little in the water. I’m always afraid of giving too much so I keep it minimal. Same with the nutes- Down to earth organics. I have the 4-4-4 and 4-8-4 but I’d be lying if I said I even knew what that meant… they were just recommended to me so once a week for the last couple weeks I sprinkle maybe 1/2-1 tsp on and mix it into the top of the soil.

1 Like

I still want to know about the soil.

3 parts Great Lakes Water only soil, 1 part worm castings- sorry I missed that!

1 Like

Stop adding anything except water.

I can explain, but that’s science. You’re casual, so ^

1 Like

After studying those charts I think I see phosphorous deficiency, maybe potassium, magnesium, and calcium?

Nope. Don’t do anything except add plain water

1 Like

:hushed: I’m so confused-- everyone says you need to add all sorts of crap when your plants are 4 weeks+

They don’t look deficient??

1 Like

Some nutrients, when in excess, will antagonize (block) other nutrients. You’ve added a bunch of stuff to a water only soil.

A. The issue you’re pointing to is really minor

B. I suspect it’s because of the mixture (of unknown PPM) you’ve added.

Water normally, and the plants should be fine. Soil has about a 2-week lag, so it may look worse before it looks better. Focus on the new growth.

There are only three things I’d water into a super-soil (aka water only): Water, 2drops per gallon Dr. Bronner’s Baby Soap, and a Mykos or Recharge type product. For right now, stick with water and Bronner’s if you have it.

3 Likes

:woman_facepalming::flushed::grimacing: thank you! I was originally told I wouldn’t need to add anything but kept reading otherwise and panicked.

2 Likes

Out of curiosity- what is the purpose of the 3 things you would choose to add?

1 Like

I haven’t tried the Great Lakes water only soil, but there’s a lot of good things in it. Should be able to handle all the way until late flowering. Late flowering I would expect to see phosphorus and potassium deficiencies typically.
Some of those spots are variegation in the leaves. It’s a genetic thing, and does affect the leaves and will cause brown spots. Particularly the one it’s only half of.

3 Likes

Water, because, well, it’s essential.

Dr. Bronner’s is a surfactant. It helps the water spread evenly into the soil.

Now, the last one would be a microbial boost. Your soil should already have a healthy microbiome, which brings essential nutrients from the soil to the roots. The plant actually exchanges carbohydrates with the microbes in a symbiotic relationship. If you want to find out more, you should check out Jeff Lowenfels. He writes and talks (podcasts) about soil microbes and cannabis.

3 Likes

Thank you! I appreciate your help :heart::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Are those bats on your nails?

Those are bats on my nails :bat::nerd_face:

2 Likes

Halloween is my favorite holiday! :heart_eyes:

1 Like