Virginian’s Grow Journal What did I do? LOL

i’m like THAT PERSON, who DOESN"T need to still be up at these hours and having “partaken” :smiley: … i see the infomercials (in this case seed sale!!! up to 50% off!!!) and i’m like (dialing), yes, i’d like TWENTY RONCO TURNIP TWADDLERS ASAP!!! :smiley:

SHADAP and take mah munehhhh!!! :smiley:

2 Likes

You’re definitely in good hands with @PurpNGold74 . I only want to add “diatomaceous earth”. Is how it’s spelled. And pepper oil/capsaicin have always worked on my animals to keep them out, except one. But that dog got a bottle of a hot sauce and chewed it open as a puppy. Licked as much as she could out. So she is obviously immune or just loves spicy shit. Anyway, like this.

2 Likes

So does anyone know do they ever offer variety packs with photo AND autos? it’d be NICE to have that option say, if timing just happened to work out where you have a window of time between things where an auto would schedule perfectly over a photo. I guess you can train a photo and then flip it in that short time also just figured the auto would develop further along, and faster in that short window.

2 Likes

still curious about that inquiry above also, but have another question. the cal-mag came today and when i make the mix per gallon is that like 1/3 gallon at that ratio for like 3 plants at a time or a whole gallon a plant or how much at that ratio/proportion do i give each plant of cal-mag?

1 Like

I ended up doing about 1/2 gal per plant for their first ever calimagic 1-0-0 dose at a 1 Tbsp per gallon ratio

1 Like

Nope no mix photo/auto packs. Never seen it myself at least. Most variety u can get is the named mix pcks.

N when dropping the ratios… i do it like this

Bottle says 2 tsps per gallon. Half strength is 1 tsp per gallon.

So half a gallon gets half a tsp.

1 gall gets 1 tsp.

2 galls get 2 tsps.

Got it? Just cut the amount n half n adjust to ur total water.

3 Likes

I’ll take /send pics in a bit of the NEW setup. TIRED of seeing my leaves being eaten with holes outside out back so i got the lights/room setup again now for the taller 4 under one lamp with a little “over-cast” from the other and the shorter 2 and the 2 gsc seedlings (which have almost doubled in height in 2 days with new lights :wink: ) under the other light with a little over-cast from the other :wink: quite an undertaking as i changed up EVERYTHING on how lights hang in there, setup my bakers scaffolding as a " hollow frame" to let lights hang from it and light/air come down through it unobstructed as such. The ONLY SLH that had survived, got put in the 4x4 flower box with Amy Lee (RockStar) and Teensy now. They are now the only 3 outside anymore :slight_smile: Amy Lee seems VERY happy with her haircut, and then the cali-magic with the flora-series nutes (1st time since they were taken outside like 3 weeks ago, for nutes)

1 Like

Teensy, lot taller than last time

SLH in new home,also a lot taller

Amy Lee (RockStar)

New setup inside

3 Likes

LOL, so people are a DANG TRIP, as i’m sure you know… If you remember, i had FIFTEEN of the BD’s at first when i started this post. If you also remember i said i’d GIVEN some to close friends and neighbors. I get a text from a friend/neighbor this morning, saying the one i gave him, turned ALL his other things to males… OK dude, first of all it would have to be FLOWERING to produce pollen to do that, RIGHT? Secondly they’re FEMINIZED seeds and EVERY OTHER PLANT is a female (so far). Thirdly, they HAD a tiny plant, that a MONTH ago was already trying to flower. I’d sooner guess YOUR little flowering plant was a male and did that, but THANKS for blaming me and cussing me this morning…lol no good deed … :wink:

5 Likes

No plant can turn other ones into a male! Frigging genius… plant are born male or female… with a chance for any to turn herm (if stress is enough)

Now if his were female and ur was a male, it could have pollenated his plants. But that means all are flowering and he was slow enough to leave a male plant in a room for sinsemilla. His mistake (lazy)

If his plants are males, they were given to him in seed form as males. Absolutely idiotic to think another seed can change the sex of ur plants. Now colloidal silver can get that job done.

5 Likes

Well i’m admittedly NEW to this hobby but had always HEARD and thought i read somewhere that a male, in flower (pollenating) can turn a female but i’m VERY glad to hear that’s not the case. So what DOES happen, does it just pollenate her and produce BOKU seeds? I just like how i woke to getting BLAMED for something when NONE of those are flowering yet or even CLOSE to doing so.

2 Likes

Ditto. That pollen hits pistils and the plant goes from producing more trichs (and maturing them) to seed production. Bud formation stops. N seeds start to swell.

If he is having a problem invite him to ILGM or at least get some pics and him some outside help. Would love to see what he’s talking about

4 Likes

My LADIES, that’s right, i’m CALLING THEM LADIES because they ARE, lol (so far :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley: ) had a great first night under the lights. I had to change it up man, couldn’t stand watching leaves getting holes eaten daily out there :wink:

2 Likes

Yeah he finally responded back after i said pretty much everything i said here in response to him. Said he wanted me to come look at them and see what’s going on. I’ll get some pics and FOR SURE invite him to join here. I’ve learned SO much in just a month or so of being here and SHAME ON YOU if you DON’T take the time to educate yourself when someone else (many actually) have taken the time to put it there for you :wink:

5 Likes

Dishin it this morn🤘

1 Like

Haha. Just hate misinformation being given. U see my disclaimer a ton my first couple years. Warning I am not a pro, take with a grain of salt and research urself. Because I wasnt so sure. Heck still not the end all be all. But that was BS.

Looking forward to the report @TheVirginian I completely understand. Built my first light after I realized outdoors comes with those pesky ass bugs… its a serious uphill fight

5 Likes

Well if the wild looking spiders that WERE taking up residence out there along the tomato cages around them would DO THEIR JOBS, lol it wouldn’t have been an issue. But DAILY, i’d see more gone from same leaf, or new leaf with holes in it. Nah, stoppin’ that NOW!! :wink: They aren’t messing with Amy Lee, Teensy or the SLH in that planter box as much. Not sure if the back yard’s “habitat” is just more conducive for them back there or WHY that 35yds makes a difference but THANKFUL they aren’t destroying them in that box so far. And MAN, forgive my novice state again but is it the TERPENES developing in VEG state that gives such a skunky smell? Whatever it is, they are in FULL SWING :smiley: could ALWAYS smell my ladies first thing in morning when i came out or just after watering but after overnight upstairs in that room i set up, HOLY SMOKES it about knocks you back down the spiral stairs as you top them :smiley: LOVELY smell

thought Pepe Le Pieu took up residence up there at first… “jiu love me, no??” :smiley:

4 Likes

Are you sure this neighbor even knows what a female flower looks like? There are still those out there that think a flower is a flower and do not know there are 2 different ones. The types that “determine” sex by number of prongs per leaf or shape of plant/leaves.

4 Likes

No i was NOT sure if he knew what he was talking about or doing when i met them. He TALKS like he does but after that I’m positive (or confident, lol :wink: ) he isn’t the subject matter expert he holds himself up to being :wink: He kept saying “well grandaddy said he did…” or “grandaddy said if you do this…” etc. I get it, and i’m not gonna argue with someone in the moment if they believe their family knowledge is some “best kept secret” (maybe it IS best kept, a secret? :smiley: ). He’s a REALLY nice person, genuinely good folk, and that’s why it took me sideways waking to a text saying “i was cussing you last night” and then on with the rest of that narrative :wink:

3 Likes

It just showed me that even the NICE folks, are no different than a lot of other humans who think that way. NEVERMIND the GIFT of that beautiful, healthy plant a month ago. As soon as things went sideways that is forgotten and BLAME comes to your mind towards the one that gave it to you, lol. it was MY plant’s fault all the sudden, lol :smiley: (some people’s churlins…)