Virginian’s Grow Journal What did I do? LOL

Yeah they had stretched quite a bit indoors under inadequate light and are recovering nicely from mother nature’s light. I had gotten so frustrated with the internet and trying to send those pics earlier I realized it must be The Good Lord telling me I should be doing my chores instead of messing with the internet so I walked away and went and made this look like THIS down at my river spot :slight_smile:

9 Likes

I hope you’re doing that on a riding mower :joy: my yard I had too steep slopes for a riding mower so I do battle with a self propelled piece of crap. Half the reason I want a pool is so I can sink it into the hillside outback and not have to mow it any more. I’d rather vacuum pool than mow lawn for sure. Been there.

Things are looking good there with the herb but you’d better get out in front of things and get yourself a bunch of 5 gallon grow bags for potting those babies up in a few weeks. I’d recommend ordering a couple 10 packs of just about any well rated brand on Amazon. They’re all basically the same. Buy a ton of soil too or whatever mix you’re growing in.

You’ve got the right light up above - just grow these girls outdoors! Don’t cheap out on dirt or ferts and You’ll be pulling down a couple LBs in August. You’ll be in trim jail while the rest of us growing Outdoors are just starting to see flowers.

3 Likes

Hello fellow Virginian I did not see what media you are in soil or coco and what type ? Some of the awnsers may change

3 Likes

Better than a xanax any day. That is a beautiful decompress spot you got there.

3 Likes

@TheVirginian Hang in there! I only just planted my first grow on 4/20, and people here are super helpful.

I had made a thread similar to yours in the beginning…

Just look at that poor girl :sweat_smile:

All three of mine have survived and into day 32 now and tried a little LST today.

Same girl!

Hang in there and keep posting pics and welcome :grin:

3 Likes

Soil, basic un-anything (miracle grow, etc), about half of the mix, churned with maybe a 1/8 ratio of the red soil here and probably 3/8 or just under of some VERY fertile black soil from down by the river.

I mowed that with the gravely pro 159 walk behind with sulky to stand on, 48" cut. Normally cut with 61" Scag turf tiger that’s being a cantankerous thing about starting this year yet. Still in hibernation lol.

Thanks for the encouraging words, def look forward to harvesting some “not paying for it anymore” and from there forward, progressing in knowledge and skillsets along the way and eventually in results :). Glad I was referred here, great peeps

You came to the right place using your own soil is definitely different hope it works out well for you glad it’s not miracle grow that soil sucks for canibuis most use a soil designed for growing canibuis or coco or peat I would suggest getting a ppm pen and measure your runoff water to see how rich the soil is. and maybe look at adding some type of airation to the soil like pearllite canibuis in soil really likes air and wet to almost dry cycle anyway good luck and we both jumped the July 1 start​:wink::+1:

2 Likes

And I see from pics your On top of the pearlite

Those were someone else’s pics stoner moments

1 Like

nah, SOME of mine have perlite in them. The ex, used to do a LOT of flowers and butterfly bushes, yada yada and that was OLD dirt, since 2014 that i re-worked into the new potting soil, clayish red, and black river soil. We were given bare root saplings (in OCTOBER< lol… thanks arbor society :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley: ) and kept them preserved and starting out in some of those same 7gal pots til spring, and planted them straight into that black soil down in my field and put mulch around it. Those lush bradford pears in the foreground of my one pic with the green poles lining the roadway along them, and the two crepe myrtles and a red flowering dogwood you didn’t get to see are now NICE young trees (too big to call saplings). That stuff is pretty fertile. I’ve had friends camp down there at my spot and toss beans from bag like you would, lol (back in the day stuff, nothing special :wink: ) and come down next spring to do first mow and am like HOLY CRAP i hope no one saw those lil babies lol :smiley: propagated from top of the ground down there getting beat down into the soil with rain :wink: Hopefully it will work out, if not the next run i’ll play the if at first i didn’t succeed :slight_smile: I knew from another site gwe.com :wink: that miracle grow soil was a no go especially for AF strains so i got plain jane 2.99 for 1.5cu feet potting soil with nothing added at the local co-op

I feel like the ones with the perlite STAY too wet… i barely water them. the others will need watering like every 4 days out in that sun but those will STILL be damp so i just let about 1/4 inch pool real fast and then soak through and roll on. Have stayed OFF the nutes since they went outside, but the rockstar one i may hit with it next week in 1/3 dosage suggested since it’s DEFINITELY got it’s “first 3 sets of real leaves”. they don’t all have 3 fingers each yet so i’m giving it til next week or possibly week after til those develop a lil more and won’t hit ANY of the others with it again til they catch up to that as well :wink:

I hope you grow the best you’ve ever smoked and get away from the black market I haven’t had to buy. In 4 years and I only grow 2 at a time indoor and can’t use it all but i am just supplying me and a little to the mrs :+1:

4 Likes

i don’t know HOW i didn’t even think about this, it was just more a NECESSITY, putting them outside. The thing is, the only spot outside I have that’s FLAT (i am built into side of mountainside) is my driveway at the top. The power pole has a HPS fixture. As long as these are still getting THIS TIME OF YEAR’s “all day” sun, that’s not going to trick them coming on at night being that spectrum of light is it? :confused:

1 Like

In the city of st Louis I have heard that the new l.e.d. street lamps are causing problems for the local vegetation but they say that the old hid lamps never caused a problem. I’ve seen some have 400 w hps and some 400w mh. Regardless I called our power co and asked that they turn off our light. Its right over our back patio and prefer it to be dark back there anyway, I didn’t want to chance it when I put out my clones. Another week and they’ll be ready

2 Likes

I’ll move them everyday if i have to. They’re in the ONLY spot that gets morning, afternoon and evening sun all day (with about an hour and half shade as it passes the HUGE oak beside my house’s crown). But then they’re literally RIGHT UNDER that light at night. They’re not showing signs of changing or being tricked i just thought of the POSSIBILITY of that and figured i’d better inquire in case someone else HAS had good/bad experience or nothing to even talk about by having them near/under one that high mounted on a pole :wink:

1 Like

Please don’t take my comments as fact.I really have no idea if the streetlamp will affect the plants i was only sharing what I’ve heard people say about the new led lamps that work for the utility company in st louis. I haven’t experienced either way. But since I heard those comments I was eager to have ours removed. I already didn’t like the light being on as it totally kills the starlight and I enjoy sitting outside in the dark without lights on. We don’t need it for security, we have Guinness for alarm and ill set my wife after any intruders lol. I’d like to stay in the loop for your grow and I hope it makes more than u need.

Lol wives and grannies :wink: my grandmother could run ANY neighborhood “punk” (trouble makers) out of the yard/area with a stick. “Go on now! GIT!!” hahaha :smiley: She didn’t take any stuff off of ANYone and granddaddy was a state trooper so… no one really messed about too much anyway :wink:

2 Likes

I transplanted three today into a 7gal bucket, a five gal bucket and a black five gal nursery pot…they had nearly caught up with"the rockstar"…this evening at dark came a STRONG storm and even partially shielded by a fenced enclosure, the one in the black pot snapped at dirt level. I carefully excavated around it, spritzed clean with a spray bottle, poured my neighbor’s bee honey on the break and put tape"loosely" around it and reset it deeper (was STILL attached by fibers before taping) and am hoping she’ll be ok…

4 Likes

oh for goodness sakes…LOL, how can the post be created too long ago to edit or delete when it literally JUST sent? oh well, nevermind, was trying to EDIT, as to not created another post after and fill/flood forum with unnecessary clutter.

FIRST PIC:  the (ONLY :/ ) LH that lived, but is nearly twice what it was in my OP

SECOND PIC: the black nursery pot transplanted one that broke later this evening and was “repaired” (i hope…)
THIRD PIC: their new location instead of on my trailer like they were because, well, i got SUPER paranoid…when i came in yesterday, passed SENIOR broadband supervisor for the fiber optic project going in in our area, talked to him for a few, felt he was being “shifty” (wouldn’t look me in eye) and didn’t even DAWN on me til i saw “mud grip tread” tracks (like i JUST saw on that power company truck) in my driveway and thought OH CRAP, bet he saw ALL my babies sitting on the trailer, you know, RIGHT beneath the power pole at top of my driveway LOL…hope he’s not a “see something say something” kinda peep :wink: moved them anyway and wasn’t trying to HIDE them obviously or be clandestine as it was NOR do i have some major operation going, lol…anyway, moved them out of any possible “offensive” view :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:
FOURTH PIC: see how much taller they all are? (especially the 3 transplanted one (two buckets this end and black pot far end :wink: )
FIFTH PIC: that’s “the rockstar”!! :slight_smile: although some others have nearly caught her in height, her greenery production is still far ahead of them all :slight_smile: she and the teensy one are sitting in the new 4x4 planter box i dug in (and will add more layers too, just wanted it DUG in, filled in, and first soil treatments to get well established at DEEP level before adding 2ft more and filling with some kind of premium (FF) dirt.
SIXTH PIC: rockstar side view :slight_smile: <3
SEVENTH PIC: the teensy one that was sitting dirt level in OP :slight_smile:
EIGHT (last) PIC: more than twice as tall now as in OP, finger again for reference :wink:

EDIT** (funny if it lets me edit THIS one, lol)… meant to mention i see on the one that snapped (black pot) and i saw on another that something has munched a hole in a leaf (two on that one). How early is too early to sprinkle seven dust on them all? is that what i should use?

1 Like

Seven dust? I dont think its canna friendly. Not sure sure tho… sorry. I use food grade de. Heard of Neem, Capt Jacks, spinosad….

More effective when u know the bug and the approach to take. Check em this morning. Under all the leaves slowly