What did i do? LOL

Wire rack from old desk. Starting making one from wire and found that fit perfectly!!

2 Likes

I was "american pickin’ " before Mike and Frank ever got around on tv but not for resale for repurpose :smiley: some things won’t EVER be what they used to, but what’s on them can be useful for a lifetime for something else :wink:

3 Likes

Your like me I’m about hour away from any store. I repurpose anything and everything!:+1::grin::dollar:. Us old Mountain folk can DIY anything!!!

2 Likes

Oh i’m EXACTLY like that, only 1 1/2 hours from some of the more MAJOR cities, lol. I am stoked, taking a whole new route on nutes as soon as the “off brand” (not boogie brew) initial “tea” comes and aeration system to brew it is already in the works here but for a little more than some companies were selling the brews for with bags, i found one that had a 5gal pump/aerator snake which is exactly what i had decided I was going to try after seeing a similar concept on YT. I have probably 125ft or more of soaker hoses and could probably easily fashion something with those as planned with some barbed fittings to pipe into a rigid structure at the top of my 30gal rubbermaid trashcan like the BB system does (but theirs is plastic mostly)

EDIT* forgot train of thought as to WHY switching up (hehe, imagine that…). Feel like i can’t even USE the “base nutrient” of the GH 3 part system i had originally purchased. it’s 1-0-0 but no matter how much i dilute it those girls have NEVER seemed to like it. I stopped using it altogether and JUST use the Flora-Grow veg nute every other watering, and cal-mag on the off-time from that. They respond better to that but I feel like I’m cheating them with those and could do better by focusing on the soil naturally so it naturally focuses on the plant. Honestly getting old mixing and mixing and mixing also , lol :smiley: THERE! i said it! :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley: hahaha I’m more a Ron Popiel guy, “set it and forget it!” :smiley: (i DO have and STILL use, a 20some year old “Showtime” rotisserie :wink: :slight_smile: )

3 Likes

YEAHHHhhhhh soooo, i remembered (finally, after wasting copious amounts of time remembering where i’d have hid it from myself) that i gave that bull panel to a friend who was reinforcing a goat paddock corner and needed something to span a couple posts that was thicker than the “goat fence” (2x4 dog fence, same stuff labeled different, lol). Anyway, been out there for hours earlier on the back ladies, and then a couple hours just now on Amy Lee, Teensy and the SLH, adding those dog crate panels i had lining them all when they were out back in pots, as standing “trellis” tie offs, spaced between them to where one serves 2 or even 3 ladies out back. On the raised planter box Amy Lee and the other 2 are in, i folded down that back fencing bordering Amy Lee’s side of it to an arcing “90°” and staked a dog panel vertically to hold it down and then tied off Amy Lee’s tallest growth on that side and top /bottom ends off to it and them tied her other long growths off to the side fencing. Added another dog panel vertically on the front side that borders both Teensy and the SLH and used the side panels and that one to tie them down and get EVERYONE separated and even canopied again :wink: SHOOOooo. Will be worth it when all is said and done. Every bit of doing that i’ve done has allowed lower growths (especially after multiple toppings/fim on some of them) to catch up and thicken stalks to LOTS of evenly sized/height bud sites :slight_smile: Nearing the “halfway” point of a “normal growing season” (into Oct) but VA can stay warm (and even HOT, too dang hot to HUNT ) well into Nov when she feels like being cantankerous about cooling off for old man Winter :wink:

Teensy and SLH tied down and separated

Amy Lee’s bushiness tied down

Nancy Kerrigan’s CRAZY explosive growth tied down. I believe she might be bigger than Amy Lee, taller for sure and is laid/staked over also.

The rest of the backyard ladies group and Zoey out there in her final pot getting some real light during that rooting transition. Annnnnnnnnd, I dropped a sunset sherbet in soak, well, because… that’s why LOL :rofl:

1 Like

Hey folks, MAYBE you’ll see this, maybe not. No way to tag folks i don’t even know/know exist yet :smiley: but those BestVA DC Series 1500 lights i have running upstairs, i paid $119 for on A’zon and i just saw today they are $101. LOTS of the lights i browsed are coming down in price. They ALSO finally fixed the description and it ACCURATELY says 195W instead of the 260W they were stated to be when i purchased them. POINT BEING, if you’re looking to get started and with something I KNOW works WELL (look at the node stacking on those two GSCs under them further above :wink: ) without breaking the bank on “brand/price” that’s a GOOD way to only spend $202 and get TWO lights like i’m running, for a total of 390W in that 2x3 space. That’s PLENTY!!! they have a veg and bloom switch and BOTH can be run at same time but i don’t just yet. Each unit has THREE cooling fans in the top of the housing and these are dual chip which produce 10W each LED instead of 3W or 5W each like “lesser” (older) models of LED technology did. I also purchased another light, but a Barrina 200W full spectrum LED with foldable panels (and will probably get a 2nd one in few weeks) so i have a veg room AND flower room capability indoors with the lighting. Further down the road if i feel i need to get better, or spend more, i may but i can tell these 1500series 195W x2 are doing everything i need to do to grow/sustain 2 plants in a space like that WITHOUT breaking the bank for a setup :wink: Below is the description title of the lights i currently have that are now only $101 on there :wink:
BESTVA DC Series 1500W LED Grow Light Full Spectrum Dual-Chip Growing Lamp for Hydroponic Indoor Plants Veg and Flower

2 Likes

HALLLLLP!!! lol… @dbrn32 @PurpNGold74 @Deez @HippieRunner or anyone YOU’D tag on this… had a friend/neighbor out here, pick up another “2cu ft of Happy Frog Potting Soil” (my exact words in text, lol). SOMEhow she shows back up out here with 3cu ft bale of Happy Frog Soil Conditioner… it HAS a lot of the same forest peat and humic acids and mychorr nutrients the HF PS does, but it also is mainly boasting the bat guano and …phooey something else i forget now but is that “too hot” to just PLANT some stuff in like i was going to with the HF PS if i’d have actually gotten that? It’s SEEMING like by it’s description it’s more of a “soil amendment” for adding like just coming preflower or something to “revitalize” the HF having lost most of it’s original potency? I don’t wanna burn anything up planting straight into it because it’s all i have now to plant with ATM. I put 2 clones from Amy Lee and 1 from Nancy Kerrigan in solo cups with 1 1/2" of it in bottom of cup, 3 1/2 inches of some seriously DEAD (very old) potting soil, and then filled the rest with it also , maybe 1 - 1 1/2 inches. They were “weepy/wilty” at first last night but this morning had “perked up” almost standing straight on their own so it MAY be ok?

EDIT* i also scooped some as topper soil an inch or so on the GSCs inside under the light. i SWEAR they look even bigger/healthier at lights on this morning! put some around Zoey in her 6gal bucket out there too and she’s an even shade of green on EVER leaf now where she had some discoloration

1 Like

Only time will tell. I planted some clones directly into Rocket Fuel by Rouge Soil last year. Everyone told me it was ‘way’ to hott for such a young plant. After a few weeks they exploded.
The good thing is that you are aware and can dial back any nutes. You really shouldn’t need anything for a while.
But… you will be the one looking at the plant, the new growth, the soil, mornings and evnings… everything! Just see how she reacts :wink:
Happy growing…

1 Like

Thanks @HippieRunner for the reply. Besides the clones, my MAIN concern is a Sunset Sherbet seed i have i now see, successfully germinated and needs to go in soil. HOPING it’s not too hot for such a delicate little startling. By the way ILGM, that’s 2 for 2 on seeds germinating successfully :wink: :heart: (one Zkittlez, Zoey, and now one Sunset Sherbet, hmmm, Sally Struthers? :slight_smile: :heart: )

2 Likes

I would treat the soil conditioner like a compost.

4 Likes

Neighbor just harvested her gorilla glue and shared. About to partake and give it a taste

VERY smooth, DEFINITELY felt ONE b-hit through Jimi Hendrix (my bong :smiley: ). I’m not sure if that’s a larfy bud from near bottom, if it was harvested too early, not cured right (so airy and puffy instead of dense and tight) but it is DEFINITELY potent :wink: or they just don’t trim them up all clean and purty like?

2 Likes

@dbrn32 so DON’T just plant Sally Struthers into it? EEEEK!!! I have no soil for her and she’s sprouted a taproot!!!

2 Likes

Yeah man that stuff is meant for reconditioning used soil so it lacks an inert filler material like peat. Basically it’s gonna be too hot and not loose enough. No bueno.

If you can’t return and must use it Id mix it with pro mix but I would only recommend this to a grower with some experience growing in organic soil. If this is your first grow I would not recommend this. Too many variables.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t.

If you need to make it work, you should cut it with something. You could probably put a small amount at bottom of pot like you would a super soil, then cut with some Peat and perlite.

2 Likes

OOPS, read those WAYYYYY to late ^^ :smiley: i’m a grower with experience, just not with canna :wink: I found 2 more (the very last two for real now, lol) hanging pots (1.5gal or 2gal, i think 1.5) in the garage the ex had stuff in, in 2014 was last time. So that soil is DEAD, inert as can be most likely. Had the dead whatevers in them which were hard crusty death and i pulled them and the roots out, broke the soil up to loose fill again (it has a LOT of perlite in it) and then put about 3cups of that HF soil conditioner in it and chopped it all down in together until it was a nice black consistency of dirt with evenly spread white perlite in it and dropped her in. GOOD LUCK Sally Struthers!!! we’re all pulling for you “Hot Lips” :smiley:

EDIT* @Deez and that soil conditioner DOES have “forest peat, humic acids, blah blah” the EXACT ingredients the HF POTTING SOIL bag says, but you can tell just not to extent on the peat, etc and you can smell the guano). God had my back, i found and used/did exactly what you and @dbrn32 said :smiley: :smiley:

3 Likes

I hope she DOES make it in that soil. Can’t wait to start the jokes when she gets all needy and beggy… “FEED the churlinnnns!!” LOL :smiley: We’re gonna have SO much fun with this :rofl: I purposefully WAY offset her from center too with plans…we’ll say, lol

2 Likes

Omg I got a laugh out of that

2 Likes

As long as she is as “big and healthy” as the original S S was when she did those commercials.LOL

1 Like

This is the “remains” of my swamp mix girl that got all mouldy. You can see that it was offset as well.

2 Likes