Virginian’s Grow Journal What did I do? LOL

There’s two different Jacks. There’s Capt Jack dead bug spray and yes, this gets sprayed on the leaves just before lights out of sunset. The other is Jacks 321, which I was referring to. It’s a nutrient line.

7 Likes

Ah. Yep he was referring to the Captain Jacks. Had a few pests he wantd to eradicate.

2 Likes

I get it now. I do use jacks 321 but was referring to ded bug that I mix

2 Likes

In the evening I spray top to bottom under over, everywhere little monsters could hide. But I do it in the evening after the sun is not on the plants. Plenty of time to dry overnight before sunup

3 Likes

Yeah, i evening water (and/or treat for anything) when the sun is down behind the trees for the evening and off of them :wink: I saw some lady this morning when driving to town standing in her yard (in her gown…LAWD, for ALL to see from the highway) and she was watering her flowers/ornamental trees at like almost 10am in the BLAZING heat of the sun…i was like “poor plants…” lol

1 Like

My bad, I didn’t go back and read just saw Jacks and thought nutes :rofl:

1 Like

All good, glad to see Y’ALL clarified all that while i was out :slight_smile: Just wanted to make sure i’m getting consistent (and PROPER) directions before doing anything i’d regret :wink: Thanks for the replies and the help. It’s ordered and will be here next week sometime.

2 Likes

So who wants to tell me more about their “special brew” teas? I watched the “boogie brew” stuff and i’m not paying into that racket when i know it can be made at home the same. I already have a 30gal rubbermaid trashcan and a pump that is probably a lil OVER powered but we’ll work that out with hole spacing/size to get the “churn” proper :wink: Anyone here doing that with their super soil? I’d like to hit them at least ONCE with that before flower season :slight_smile: Would like to just get away from the nutes altogether and go that route honestly

1 Like

LOL, crazy, 33 days… the difference in Amy Lee from when she went in the new planter box, to just the other day when the 2nd pic was taken :slight_smile: Rock on baby girl :wink: :heart:

and for reference, she is bent over 90° horizontal :wink: she’d be between 3.5-4ft tall if standing straight still :slight_smile:

6 Likes

She looks great!!! Amy Lee will you MARRY ME??? NO SHOT GUN NEEDED pops!!! LOL!

3 Likes

man, if i’m counting those right, all those initial toppings/fims i did, have created 19 bud sites? It may be more, they’re so close in places i couldn’t tell if i was recounting, even when pulling some to the side after counted (they’d fling several back and of course lost PROPER count) but i “mean average” counted 19 sites!!! ALL are near the top of canopy as you can see too so i’m keeping them “evened” out (or close enough to it minimal tying would make them even :wink: )

3 Likes

LOL, so i’m out there doing some MAJOR cleanup on Amy Lee’s lower shaft areas, you’d be proud @oldmarine and @anon86641082 (i think anyway, lol). I’ll get some pics later when i’m done. But i’m cleaning this one shaft of foliage and next thing i know this lil green (as the plant, lol) 1" or so long baby preying mantis leaps on my arm and “puts his dukes up” like he wants to BOX me for that, hahaha. I gently “flicked” him to another shaft and when he landed on it,started immediately going after those white flies or whatever the tiny winged leaf getters are. Loved the attitude though, hahaha

7 Likes

Sounds like a good ally to have in your garden

3 Likes

For sure!!! that’s why i let him stay and gently flicked him back ONTO the plant/enclosure instead of out of it :wink: I KNOW they’re some bug-eating Godzillas!!! :smiley:

EDIT*** forgot to mention also, today is Zoey Zkittelz’ FIRST day outside in the sun with no dome. She’s been under dome/70W lights for almost 2 weeks (tomorrow i think is 2wks). Probably just give her about 8 out there then back under the lights? Don’t wanna burn her up with TOO much out there she’s still a lil gal :wink: :heart:

2 Likes

Fantastic! Solid work trimming up the lower sections today. Excited to see some photos later.
About the little garden friend. Keep him around. He may just help save the garden kne day. Maybe he needs a name :wink:
Happy growing…

2 Likes

Got a good bit of her chassis exposed but am not finished. Had unexpected company roll up… Also, a dang deer took a chomp of a bud site on one of my others… I WILL put the Prince of Dogness on you…

Like i said i’m NOT done yet, and i left a LOT of fans because i wanted to get what i could cleaned up THEN point some stuff out to some of y’all on here ( @OldMarine @PurpNGold74 @dbrn32 and any other with knowledge on “lollipopping” at this stage who’d like to chime in) because not all of the “nodes” are symmetrical. I know Purp said that doesn’t matter just shows she’s mature enough to flower or something earlier but i want to make sure that by them being NOT straight across from each other on the stem shaft, that i am counting ENOUGH nodes down to clean below :wink:

since i was clipping “sites” that won’t reach the top anyway up through all the other “cluster” of them, i went on and took 2 clones (or attempted, we’ll see if they root in that solution :wink: )

3 Likes

forgive my naivety on the topic but i see folks speaking F1 and such. I assume that is “Female 1” (as in original mother??) Or what does that mean, and if you clone from her are they F1’s or F2’s or how does all that work? Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t have a lot of outdoor grow experience, but I never really felt like this stuff was as necessary in outdoor grows. The rationed energy at outdoors plant is usually pretty high, and the sun has a natural sweep across the plants. I’m sure some selective removal will help what you leave, but problem not as much as with indoor grow.

4 Likes

First filial generation (f1) means it is the first or original generation of a crossbreed. Taking a clone or even a clone of a clone wouldn’t change this. Clone from f1 plant is basically still considered the original plant from this standpoint.

4 Likes

@dbrn32 thanks for clarifying that !

2 Likes