What day do YOU consider the first day of flower?

Happy cake day!

4 Likes

Happy Birthday, @JiggaMan1987!

3 Likes

@repins12 made a good point about this topic a while ago. As a outdoor grower he didn’t flip to flower, so the only way to measure when flowering starts was to go by when pistils made a appearance. Personally I keep track of both, day of flip and pistil growth.

10 Likes

Flower never begins on the day you saw buttons it was already happening. Flip

2 Likes

They still flip outside you just have to know your science. I don’t grow outside but there’s a certain date outdoor growers talk about when the switch happens. I can’t remember the date myself though because I’m indo

1 Like

Admittedly I don’t know the science, just making the point that as far as the start of flower outdoor you can’t specifically pinpoint a day like you can on flipping lights. I think whether you count from flip or first pistils, the main thing is specify which when answering questions about how long they have been in flower.:+1:

4 Likes

Me either but I have eavesdropped on some convo. I wanna say it’s the end of July here in California sometime I forget

I’m no scientist, myself but, close to where sunlight gets to 12/12 is where my plants have flipped, since the mid 70’s.
All my guerilla grows, were pretty much, hands on. I definitely, learned a lot :v:t4:

3 Likes

@Bluntsmoke this is likely what you are saying when they daylight hours shorten. I don’t know if it has a name. BTW out of likes :+1:

1 Like

@Bulldognuts yes exactly what he said

2 Likes

Me, when I flip to flower that is day one of flower :man_shrugging:.
Weeks in flower isn’t that important i don’t think.
We all know each plant is different and same strains or even clones finish and develop at different time’s.

So say you got 4 clones going. You flip today and 2 pop pistols in day or so and the other 2 not till next week.
I would still say both are 1 week into flower :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Completely understand what you’re saying but i think breeders should adjust their flower times :rofl:.

8-9 weeks sounds better then 12-14 and sales more beans :confused:
Even though most that say 8-9 weeks flower time tend to take 11-14 weeks from flip …

I start counting when there’s pistols forming buttons at the tips of every branch. Thats usually around two weeks after it started preflowering 1st pic is at the end of preflowering

just showing her sexual orientation.

flowering

3 Likes

I start when pistils start crowning. No science to it but for me it has aligned a lot closer with breeder estimates than when counting from light flip. When counting from light flip, they always went a few weeks longer than breeder estimates. So I keep the transition period out of the equation.

5 Likes

Samw here @BobbyDigital
I only count for a reference point when someone asks my how long have they been flowering. The plants gonna be done when its done no matter what the breeder says about flowering time

7 Likes

Exactly.

6 Likes

Happy Birthday Brother

2 Likes

I think I’m like a B.2-.3. When hairs are visible, they were already forming so like that day minus one.

Thank u everyone that wished me a happy birthday. I appreciate it

3 Likes

That is another interesting question to ask.

What do people call or consider “pre-flowers”.

To me it is literally when a plant shows sex, well before flip.
Some think or consider it that week or 2 “transitional” period just after flip.

Exactly how i see it.
I always just saw the transitional period as part of flowering :man_shrugging:
it the first part then you get the stack and swelling then you get ripening.

3 major stages is the way I’ve always thought of it,
and for all educational and discussions its all thats ever referred to :thinking:

1. Seedling
  2. Veg
  3. Flower
1 Like